o.1.6 // apocrypha

——
No one's POV
——

   "Now that the boilers are working, it should be simple to release the book from it's protective case."

   Neloth hadn't fucking stopped talking since you entered the bloody place, and he still won't shut up after the book is there. Rhea sighed heavily. She walked up and pressed the button on the pedestal. Four beams of light began shining up through the floor and focused on a large crystal from above. The room began to quake as the Black Book emerged from the floor.

   "At last. I hope it was worth it. Please... be my guest. You deserve the first look. Besides, it could be very dangerous. These books are known to drive many people insane." Neloth remarked, folding his arms and watching.

   Rhea nodded, walking up to the book. "Oh i know. too well." She muttered, letting her fingers graze over the leather spine of the book, then over the title. Epistolary Acumen.

   "Oh good. Be sure to say hello to Hermaeus Mora for me if you see him." Neloth chuckled. Meanwhile, Teldryn clenched his fists at his sides.

   "Be careful, Rhea." He sighed, watching as Rhea's form became ethereal, just like before.

———

Chapter I
Rhea Nahro's POV
——

   I awoke in Apocrypha once again. Joy. The smell was horrid, like of rotting flesh mixed with a fresh bookstore. I wove around the pools of black water, quickly running up to the scrye on the first platform. A bridge lowered before me, extending to a moving corridor. This wasn't my first time here, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Damnit.

    I walked over the bridge and into the corridor, waiting for it to move again. When it did, i hopped over to the next platform on the far right, activated the next scrye, and onto the next bridge. There was the next book on the pedestal. Thank fucking Gods.

Chapter II

   Man, this place fucking blows. I followed the pathway i was teleported to, and through the narrow path. A few seekers were in my way, but they proved no issues. I moved to the next path and activated a scrye. A gate opened. I walked through, looting the pod before heading to the next book.

Chapter III

   Once again, I arrived on a platform. And once again, i hate it here. I quickly ran up the flight of stairs before me and into the next moving tunnel. At the next stop, i dropped down, landing a clean blow to the seeker's head that i fell to. I eliminated the next seeker, along with a lurker. A few scratches. I darted around the corner to activate another scrye.

   Finally, i ran to the last platform in this chapter. A bridge lowered. Another lurker, another gash in my arm. Whatever, man. I entered the next book.

Chapter IV

   The next area looked almost identical to the last. i activated the last scrye and a capsule opened from the floor. It's the very same book i entered. I ran up towards it and began reading.

   "You thought to reject me, and yet here you are. Your journey towards enlightenment has finally led you here, to my realm, as I knew it would."

   I looked up, immediately narrowing my eyes.

   "Hey again, Herma, you ugly sack of shit. What do you want of me this time?" I grit out, ignoring the urge to fucking stab myself while talking to this bitch.

   "You have entered my realm. You have sought out the forbidden knowledge that only one other has obtained. You are Dragonborn, like Miraak before you. A seeker of knowledge and power." Hermaeus Mora drawled, the multiple eyes blinking and tentacles waving in the air.

   I leaned against the book, already annoyed.

   "I already told you twice. I'm not fucking serving you. I just want to defeat Miraak." I growled, drumming my fingers on the book's open page.

   "You will serve me, willing or not. All who seek after the secrets of the world are my servants." Hermaeus Mora chuckled. I scoffed.

   "Yeah ri-"

   "I know what you want: to use you power as Dragonborn to bend the world to your will. Here then is the knowledge you need, although you did not know you needed it. The second Word of Power. Use it to bend the wills of mortals to your purpose. But this is not enough. Miraak knows the final Word of Power. Without that, you cannot hope to surpass him. Miraak served me well, and he was rewarded. I can grant you the same power as he wields, but all knowledge has its price." He fucking cut me off! Unbelievable.

   I slammed my hands against the book. "Just shut up, Gods damnit!" I snapped, ending with a long sigh. I rubbed my face through the cowl. "Name your price."

  Mora seemed pleased with my question. "Knowledge for knowledge. The Skaal have withheld their secrets from me for many long years. The time has come for this knowledge to be added to my library." He hummed. I raised an eyebrow, standing up taller now.

   "And what if the Skaal refuse? Hell, i'd refuse. You're a slimy, greedy fuck with a god complex." I snarled. Mora did not react.

   "Ah...but i am a god. My servant Miraak would have found a way to bring me what I want. So will you if you wish to surpass him." He said simply. "Send the Skaal shaman to me. He holds the secrets that will be mine." Finally, he faded away. Thank fuck.

   Before he did, though, i felt the pages under my fingers change. Dovahzul. I glanced down, reading the ancient text before me. I felt the power lurking under my skin at the sight. It was the second word to the shout. So Herma Mora was still gonna help me? This shit cannot get any weirder.

   Just as i think that, i look back up to see three glowing orbs with words surrounding it on the pages of the book. Each one with an explanation. I chose Force, per usual. It's the first word i mediated on with Paarthunax, and it's been my choice ever since. My first shout. My first taste of the Dovah. Just as i made my choice, i felt my very soul being sucked from me.

   I was in Apocrypha no more.

   Again, i heard the familiar voice calling out to me.

   "Rhea? Rhea, Gods, please don't be hurt this time..."

———

we love another short chapter.
but!!! herma mora!!!
i serious fucking hate him ew
i might make this a bit different from the storyline tbh
ideasss
bye again ig
1108 words.