o.1.0 // the first

No one's POV.

Nausea. Skull-shattering pain.

The Last Dragonborn's eyes stung at the pounding in her head. She slowly peeked them open, taking a quick glance around. She couldn't move. Was this a dream?

The cracked, jagged texture of the murky green sky dimly shone down at the Dragonborns. The first...and the last. The cold stone ground was dirty and freezing against Rhea's knees. The many tall, awkwardly built towers stood a small distance apart and continued for miles. What is this?

"Who are you to dare set foot here?"

A deep, rumbling voice caught the attention of the female. She slowly glanced up, narrowing her eyes. "Miraak." She hissed, fighting at the chains and magic forcing her against the dingy floor.

Miraak stood tall, illuminating a small space around him, contrasting with the dark atmosphere. He wore a brownish-green cloak, detailed with small, jagged points along his belt, arms, and shoulders. His boots sat right in front of Rhea's face, giving her a feel of intimidation. Or, what should've been. She stared up at his mask, a tarnished gold covering. A dragon priest's mask. -while similar to an octopus. Weird.

"Ahh...you are Dragonborn. I can feel it, and yet..." Miraak paused, staring down through the eyes of the mask at the woman before him. A woman with the blood of a beast, yet so pathetic at his feet. "So you have slain Alduin... Well done. I could have slain him myself, back when I walked the earth, but I chose a different path."

Rhea snarled, glaring up at him with an aura of hatred, sorrow, and guilt. "You know nothing of the things i've done." She growled out. Miraak didn't move a muscle. He simply stared. "I didn't become a power-hungry piece of shit. Nobody asked me if i wanted to be....this. You're the bastard who ruined my wait-"

"You have no idea of the true power a Dragonborn can wield!" Miraak interrupted her, suddenly seething at the words of the small, weak female at his feet. Rhea didn't flinch.

Miraak held his arms out, looking up towards the murky sky. "Mul... Qah Diiv!" He shouted. Rhea's eyes widened as she struggled in her invisible binds. The sky boomed and crackled with thunder while dragons circled overhead. Rhea stared up, hands shaking. It was so similar to Sovengarde, yet...this felt evil. Horrid. There was no Hall of Valor. No warriors cheering. No Alduin, but this felt worse.

Rhea understood the ancient language that erupted from the elder's lungs. Dragon Aspect. The very same words from the wall in the ruins.

She stared up at the sky, eyes flickering between the dragons, the green lightening, and Miraak. She felt...afraid. Pathetic. You used to be so valiant. So cruel. You slayed dragons, the undead, werewolves, bandits, kings, emperors, GODS-

"This realm is beyond you. You have no power here. And it is only a matter of time before Solstheim is also mine. I already control the minds of its people. Soon they will finish building my temple, and I can return home." Miraak breathed, a low, gravely chuckle in his voice. He was a Nord, from his voice. The arrogance wafted from his stance. Gods, this man was a real pain.

Rhea scoffed. "You're confusing. What would be the sense in returning to the material world? And what...is this one? You don't even-"

"Silence." Miraak held a hand up, immediately silencing the female below him. The only thing she could do was glare. The Dragon Priest turned, facing the four Seekers that surrounded them from behind. "Send her back where she came from. She can await my arrival with the rest of Tamriel." He waved off, turning to stare down at Rhea.