One Very Pissed Off Woman

A week after the incident, everyone that had been at the base that had been destroyed  was relocated to a new base, a giant flying military ship called the helicarrier. It was alright, but it would never be the same as the place I used to call home. There was a kitchen available to all higher level agents that I frequented a lot so as to avoid the hubris of the cafeteria and the busyness of the bridge. If I wasn't there or hiding in my room, I would usually be found in the gym, either training on the gymnastic equipment or at the shooting range.

Coming back from a couple of hours at the shooting range, where I had spent my time throwing my daggers and other varying weapons never missing a bullseye. I scanned my handprint and entered my new room. It had been painted the same as my old room back home, but it lacked in all of my valuables. I had pictures of Clint, Nat and I that I could never recover. 

But, on that day, there was a surprise on my bed. Natasha.

"Nat!" I yelled in surprise and rushed over to hug her. She was wearing a red v-neck and a cropped tan leather jacket, with tight black jeans and ankle boots.

"Hey Cass! I missed you."She replied, returning my hug even vigorously than I.

"How was Romania?" I asked with a grin.

"The mission went smoothly, I barely got a scratch. Get changed, and meet me outside as soon as possible, there are some people I think you'd like to meet." She smiled. I nodded yes, and she left, the door sliding shut after her.

I pulled my hair out of it's bun and changed out of my sweaty training clothes into some jeans and a Ledd Zeppelin t-shirt. I slipped on a pair of black sneakers, and walked down the hallways and out onto the deck of the Helicarrier.

I found Natasha easily (just look for the red hair,) and joined her just as someone got off the jet she was standing by. Phil Coulson was accompanied by an unfamiliar man with neatly combed back dirty-blonde hair, wearing a button down shirt and some dune slacks that suited him well.

"Agent Romanoff, Agent Moran; Captain rogers." We exchanged greetings and politely shook hands.

"Coulson, they need you on the bridge" Natasha informed Phil as the message came through on the earpiece she had in that was mandatory for all S.H.I.E.L.D agents to wear.

"See you there" he replied, heading in to meet Nick.

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice." Natasha said to Captain Rogers. "Thought Coulson was gonna swoon." She continued, smiling a little. "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" she asked

"Trading cards?" Steve questioned a small smile on his face.

"They're vintage, he's very proud." I added.

Cap looked like he was going to reply, but his gaze caught something else.

A man was wandering the deck, looking kind of uncomfortable and very lost.

"Dr. Banner?" Steve said. The Doctor was wearing a brown coat and khaki pants, with short dark wavy hair, looking completely the part of a scientist.

They had a shot conversation that I barely listened to, and then we went into the bridge, so Fury could meet our guests. And to avoid us all getting blown off the edge of the helicarrier as it took off.

~

Fury greeted Dr. Banner and The Captain,  and Steve fished over 10 bucks for a bet they must have made previously, leaving Nick with a smug grin on his face.

"So uh... how long am I staying?" Bruce asked Fury.

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear." Nick promised, but I highly doubted that they'd just let him go like that without some way of tracking him.