Get In Line

When Steve and I arrived back where we had left Natasha and Clint, they were nearly overcome with Chitauri. Hawkeye tripped a chitauri soldier, and rammed an arrow into the side of it's neck, the soldier dropping dead to the floor. Natasha took down another chitauri, and grabbed the energy rifle from it's hands as it fell. Another two went for Nat, and she swung the rifle into the side of one of their heads, knocking it out cold, and shot the other point-blank in the forehead.

As one of the aliens approached Clint from behind, who was distracted by the oncoming aliens in front of him, I leapt over the bonnet of the upturned cab and jumped up onto the shoulders of the chitauri, stabbing down with a sword as I did so, the impact force shoving the blade through it's head and down into it's torso. I landed on one knee, looking around, and blowing a strand of hair out of my face.

The number of Chitauri surrounding the four of us, even with Captain America on our side, would have easily outnumbered us in a minute, but lightning bolts struck down onto the pavement, firing electricity at the chitauri and they were blasted back in a massive shock-wave. The chitauri convulsed, hundreds of volts coursing through their bodies, and all dropped down dead simultaneously. In the centre of the four of us, Thor touched down, Mjolnir grasped in his hand.

"What's the story upstairs?" Cap asked Thor, kicking his shield back up and into his hand.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable."

"Thor is right, We gotta deal with these guys." Tony cut in over the comms.

"How do we do this?" Nat asked to the group, turning and looking at each of us in turn.

"As a team." Cap replied, and I could practically feel the righteousness.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor said.

"Yeah? Then get in line." I cut back quickly, and Clint snorted at the look on Thor's face in response to my harsh snappiness.

"Save it." Cap scolded the both of them, and I just smirked more as Clint and Thor reacted like little children being told off for taking candy without permission. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..."

The rumble of a motor interrupted Steve, and Banner rode up to the group of us, getting off and looking around the city.

"So, this all seems horrible." He said, a hint of humor lacing his tone.

"I've seen worse." Nat replied, and Bruce looked down sheepishly, mumbling out an apology.

"Nah, we could use a little worse." I said to Bruce with a smile, and he smiled back slightly, probably still a little ashamed of the impromptu appearance that the Hulk had made back on the helicarrier.

"Stark? We got him." Cap said to Tony, who replied over the coms, "Banner? Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

The rest of us looked down the street, and got ready for whatever the hell Tony meant by 'party'. Nat reloads bullets into her guns, and Clint prepared an arrow from his quiver.

Stark's little party crashed around the corner of the street, and my heart spluttered in my chest as it hurtled towards us.

"I don't see how that's a party." I said monotonously, staring at the Chitauri Leviathan that Stark was leading straight towards us.

Tony swept down onto the street, and the Leviathan followed, barreling down the street like a freight train that kept building and building in its intensity. Cap looked at Bruce with a short glance, and Bruce started to walk towards the monster.

"Dr. Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry." I said, a small hint of urgency in my voice.

"That's my secret, Cass. I'm always angry." Bruce's body started to turn green, as his gamma-powered alter ego started to manifest. Just as his transformation into the hulk fully completed, the Hulk threw his fist out in front of him, and hit the leviathan straight in the face, the sound of the metal armor colliding with the strong fist of the hulk rattling around the streets of New York. The creature folded in on itself, flipping a 360 over the Hulk, as the unbreachable armor on it's back broke away. Thinking quickly, I threw a golden chakram into the exposed soft spots of it's neck at the same time that Tony fires a rocket from the wrist of his suit. The leviathan exploded in a rain of flesh and metal armor. I threw up a forcefield to protect from the pieces of burning flesh and melted metal. A chunk of the Leviathans skin landed with a thud next to me, and it sizzled as the flames that were licking at it burned away.

I stood up and removed the forcefield, looking around at the remains of the living alien war ship. "That was... disgusting." I said, turning my nose up at the still smoldering corpse of the Leviathan.

I noticed my father, flying on a chitauri chariot in my peripheral vision. Focusing in on him, I heard him say three words.

"Send the rest."

AN: Woot! finally an update! Sorry that i've been inactive again, i've just been procrastinating whoops. (I blame danisnotonfire tbh) anyway, now that it's the summer break, I can write more and update! It's also very nearly finished, and I don't know if I'm happy or not about that. I have a good idea for a sequel, but I am also very attached to this character lmao XDxoxo~Masie