Over Protective

"No way. You're serious? Me? An avenger?" I asked, a grin spreading on my face.

"Yes Cassidy. You and your powers would be a great addition to the team."

"Awesome!" I said, still grinning like an idiot. I turn to go out of the room, but Nick calls me back for a moment.

"Cass, just don't tell anyone yet, especially not Natasha. You know how she'll react to it." Nick says.

"Gotcha." I say, knowing exactly what he means. Nat is very over protective about me, in fact, she's sometimes annoyingly over protective. One time I was assigned to a mission, just a non-contact intelligence mission but Natasha took it instead in case I got hurt. Me being an avenger would make her maternal side explode.

***

I woke up at 5 the next morning. I'd had 4 hours of sleep and knew I was going to be in a foul mood. I walked into the bathroom and splashed cold water onto my face, waking me up a bit before brushing my hair and getting dressed into a pair of ripped jeans and a Ramones vest.

I slipped on my vans and walked out into the helicarrier kitchen. I grabbed a monster energy drink and an apple before making my way to the central room. Hardly anyone was there because it was about half five in the morning. There was only Nick, Maria, Tony and Phil in there along with a handful of other early rising agents.

"Morning everyone" I say, and I get a few replies from some of the agents working on the bridge.

"Morning Cass, you're up early!" Phil said, giving me a wave.

"Yeah, I don't really sleep much. I've had about 4 hours today. Couple more Monsters and I'll be good."

Tony smirked at me. "Monster? Don't drink too much of that or you won't be sleeping for about 5 days. Trust me. I know from experience." We both get up and head towards his and Dr. Banners lab.

"Hey Bruce." I said to the man sitting in front of the computer.

~

"Hey Cassidy, what was it like growing up with S.H.I.E.L.D?" Bruce asked, as he was waiting for a programme to load.

"Well... it was fun and all, and I learnt loads of stuff from Nat and Clint. But I didn't really interact with many people my age. I was home-schooled because of my powers. There were a couple of, err, incidents that lead us to the decision that it would be best to keep me at S.H.I.E.L.D..."

"Like what?" Tony asked from across the room, obviously listening into our conversation.

"I went to kindergarten for about a week before I ended up crushing all the desks in the room using telekinesis because a kid spilt water on my painting. And we tried again when I was ten and then the school lost a science lab because someone was bullying me in the playground. I kinda turned all the Bunsen burners on and they burned down half the room. Looking back I'm so thankful that no one got hurt. It could have gone very wrong. I started having lessons from S.H.I.E.L.D on controlling my powers. Nick wanted me to try again last year, but I didn't want to risk another accident."

Tony raised an eyebrow and looked at me slightly warily.

"Hey, I told you it's under control!" I said defensively.

"I'm gonna go and get some breakfast, you guys want anything?" I asked. They both shook their heads 'No' so I walked out of the lab and into the kitchen to get some food for myself.

***

I walked out of the kitchen a little while later with a pop tart in my hand. Mm toasted to perfection! I was so focused on the delicious strawberry goodness of my pop tart that I didn't realise I had turned the wrong way. I walked through the doors and realised I had walked into the room that Nick was keeping Loki in.