Chapter Two

My heart pounds the entire drive to Hellbound. Mostly because of Hex, but also because of the embarrassment of walking through the front doors and seeing people I used to work with every day. I thought it would get better after the first time, but it didn't. Sometimes I wonder if they know that Hex is my Darling, hoping that it would somehow make more sense to them then if Hex and I were just messing around.

"Hi Poppy, how are you?" the lady at the window that used to greet me each morning smiles.

"I'm good" I smile back at her "how are you?" she answers with a simple 'good, thank you' before I sign in and then walk over to the metal detectors and wait for a guard to scan me.

A guard I hadn't seen before waves the wand over me and pats me down before waving me into the visitation room.

"Poppy! Nice to see you again" I turn to my right and make eye contact with John as he watches over the inmate's that are already seated with their loved ones.

"Hi John" I give him a wave as I take a seat and wait for Hex to be escorted through the doors. I can feel the eyes of some of the inmate's on me as they recognise me as an ex-guard that is now visiting an inmate, I can't imagine what they must be thinking.

I keep my eyes down as I pick at my nails and try and make out the words sketched into the table as I wait.

I feel the vibe of the room change as soon as he walks in. It's demanding and commands everyone's attention. My body heats at the sight of him and my brand begins to throbs in my chest.

"Hi baby" I stand before he's un-cuffed and wrap my arms around his shoulders as I place a harsh kiss on his lips.

"Poppy, you know the rules" I hear John call from behind me.

"Sorry" I call back as I pull away from Hex and take my seat. Hex takes a seat on the opposite side once his cuffs are off. The younger guard leaves and walks out the room, no doubt going to retrieve another inmate.

The multiple eyes that had followed Hex across the room the moment he stepped inside don't go unnoticed by me.

"Hows your day been?" I ask as he stretches his hand across the table and I place mine in his.

He shrugs "had therapy this morning" Hex had picked up therapy after I left Hellbound; the judge had suggested it after he got the extra two years added to his sentence. At first he thought it was a waste of time before finding out that for every week of sessions he attends he gets one day taken off his sentence. Doesn't sound like a lot but it's better than nothing.

"Do you like Dr. Kathy? I can get you another therapist if you want" I suggest. Dr. Kathy is the second therapist Hex'd had over the last year and half. The first one was young and too inexperienced, making the interactions pointless when he didn't know how to help Hex.

"Her whiny fucking voice does my head in" he grunts as he scans the inmate's in the room "but she's nice and knows what she's doing" he explains. I nod; he can deal with her annoying voice for six more months.

"Well, it's only six more months and then you'll never have to see her again" I comfort him. I can see the slight twinkle in his eye when I bring up the fact that he only has six months left. He brings my hand to his mouth and presses a kiss to it when I squeeze his palm.

"Mum looked good yesterday" he says. I agree, the photo I sent him showed her happy and I know it settles his mind when he gets the photos.

"Yeah, she was good yesterday, better then she has been for the last few weeks" I let him know. He nods as his spare hand comes up and rubs his stubbled cheek. My eyes catch the scar on his neck from the razor blade incident, it makes me wince remembering it.