Chapter ThirtyTwo

"How has your day been?" I ask Hex through the phone. I had just got home from work and was fixing myself something to eat. Harley's down the hall somewhere making a ruckus as she tries to find her work uniform. She's in a rush because she should have left ten minutes ago.

Hex had called just as I walked in the door. Harley had a quick chat with him before she had to leave and then she handed the phone back to me.

"Same old shit" Hex mutters. I can imagine the deep scowl on his face as he pays no mind to the other inmates in the background as they yell and shout over each other. His temper is wavering with each day he spends inside Hellbound and I silently hope they put him back into anger management so that he doesn't do anything to risk his freedom further. "The prison assigned me a lawyer" he announces.

"Lawyer?" Hex hums his confirmation as my eyebrows pull together and I switch the phone to my other ear, holding it with my shoulder as I make food. "I thought you didn't need one?" I question. If I had of known he needed a lawyer I would've tried to get him one but I thought he had to defend himself.

"I had the choice of a lawyer or defending myself. I've been doing this a long time baby and I know a lot about the system but I don't want to risk losing more time with you" Hex explains. It makes my heart pound. It's not often he vocalises his feelings and when he does it's almost enough to put me into cardiac arrest. I rub my palm over my brand, hoping to calm the throbbing.

"Do you like them?" I ask.

Hex grunts "she's an old bitch but apparently has a good record for defending parolee violations" he says.

Harley finally comes stumbling out fully dressed before she grabs her keys and starts walking towards the front door.

"Bye Poppy, bye Hex!" she shouts so that Hex can hear. I know he hears it when he grunts, he couldn't care less.

"Bye! Hex says bye too!" I shout back before she closes the front door behind her.

"She gone?" Hex asks, his voice suddenly turning husky, it nearly causes me to choke on my food.

"Y-yeah, why?" I ask hesitantly, crossing my legs at the ankles.

"Go to your bedroom" he demands. I swallow my mouthful when I realise where this is going.

"Hex, we can't. The phone call will end" I say but find myself leaving the rest of my food on the counter and heading in the direction of my bedroom anyway.

"You better hurry up then" his low voice says into my ear. The noises of the inmate's in the background disappear as I focus solely on Hex. I quicken my pace and close my bedroom door loud enough for Hex to hear it through the phone before lying in the middle of my bed.

"What are you going to do? You're in public" I say breathlessly as my clothes become too hot and heavy and I try to get rid of them as quick as possible. I'm in so much of a rush that I cause myself unnecessary struggle with my underwear and bra as they catch on my legs and my fingers keep slipping on the bra snap. I eventually get them both off and they land on the ground with a dull thud.

"I'll deal with myself later, baby" the term of endearment sends a shiver down my spine and between my legs as I lie back and wait for instructions.

I place the phone besides my ear on speakerphone so that I can close my eyes and pretend he's next to me.

"Okay" I say shakily, announcing that I'm ready. My hands clench the blanket under me into fists and my toes curl in excitement. My body is already throbbing in anticipation and I have to try my best to restrain my hands from exploring my body before Hex allows it.