Prologue - "Hey, Roomie"

PROOF READ

2000 Houston, Texas

Park Ji-Hoon cycles through the streets of Texas, his speeding form almost unrecognisable to passing pedestrians, the now 17 year-old has only chaos on his mind. He wasn't always like this, when he and his parents moved from Korea to Texas they were happy, he was happy, but two years ago, Ji-Hoon was pulled out of class and told about how his parents had been in a brutal car accident; from then on his attitude to life went down hill, in his mind he had no-one to let down so who cares if he misbehaved. Now alone in life and growing up in an orphanage he regularly gets into trouble with the police, nothing too serious; graffiti, trespassing, a few fights, grand theft auto... okay I guess he's gone a little over the line.

But now, he cycled fast, pushing his body to escape the boys behind him, apparently sleeping with a girl, who has a boyfriend, is not a good idea. He is followed by a flurry of racial slurs, nothing he's not used too, being the only Korean boy in Texas. Turning back quick, he realises that the boys are catching up to him; so thinking fast he drifts round the corner, jumping from his bike and jumping headfirst through a car window, shattering it and gaining many cuts in the process. Pulling out his pocket knife he removes the cover under the steering-wheel and begins to hot wire the car, the hoard of boys growing closer. Suddenly the car revs to life and Ji-Hoon floors it, the boys jumping out of the way of the speeding vehicle, using this opportunity he speeds past other cars, joy-riding through town, his adrenaline only spiking hearing a siren, he speeds up drifting around corners.

After a 40-minute chase, Ji-Hoon jumps out of the car, running towards an officer, who raises a baton at the boy, the teen catches the swinging arm, turning and flipping the man over his shoulder, while still crouched his spins with one leg out tripping another officer before jumping, placing both hands on the third officers shoulder and lifting himself into the air, successfully performing a handstand on the older mans shoulders, he swings his legs down pulling them man to the floor, hard. The final officer pulls out a gun "freeze Ji-Hoon. You've gone too far this time", signing the teen slumps, feigning surrender. As the officer begins to relax, Ji-Hoon rolls forward, catching the mans dropping hand then standing, twisting the officers wrist and kicking the mans head knocking him out.

Ji-Hoon stands for a second, looking at the three mean on the floor. Only to become confused, 'I'm sure there was four', he scratches his head thinking, when out of nowhere his body spasms, dropping to the floor.

The officers and the teen are all unaware of the man in a trench coat watching from a distance, the sun glinting on his eye-patch.

When Ji-Hoon wakes, he finds himself handcuffed to a table with a searing head-ache, the door in front of him opens and an officer walks in, "so Ji-Hoon, you've really done it this time: GTA, speeding, assaulting multiple officers, resisting arrest

When Ji-Hoon wakes, he finds himself handcuffed to a table with a searing head-ache, the door in front of him opens and an officer walks in, "so Ji-Hoon, you've really done it this time: GTA, speeding, assaulting multiple officers, resisting arrest. We can't let this one go", the officer looks down at the black-hair boy, "a man is gonna come in here, he's from S.H.I.E.L.D. so be respectful and listen to him, he could give you the opportunity to start a new life kid".