S1 E5: Girl in the Flower Dress

PROOF READ

2012 The BUS

Ji stands in the planning room, playing with the cuffs of his yellow shirt, he'd brought it after their latest mission, wanting to treat himself. The screen behind him pulses red, an alert following, "sir, we've got an incoming transmission"

 The screen behind him pulses red, an alert following, "sir, we've got an incoming transmission"

The team joins him around the table, Ji shows the team a picture of Chan, "Chan Ho Yin. Was a struggling street performer until he began to exhibit moderate pyrokinetic abilities", the team all look to him as he speaks.

"So what gave him powers?", the teams scotsman asks

Ji looks to him, "the investigation is still on-going, but Han lived near the decommissioned Wan Tai Nuclear Plant when it caught fire. To S.H.I.E.L.D.s knowledge, no other nearby resident have shown similar traits"

The other half of the science team speaks up, "so how did we find him?"

May answers her, "Informants saw him lighting torches in a street show, with his pinkie", out of the corner of his eye Ji sees Ward nod.

Coulson nods to Ji, happy to let him lead today, "the witnesses brought it to S.H.I.E.L.D.s attention. He was instructed to keep his abilities under wraps. Since then, he's been on The Index"

Skye, unfamiliar with the code word, asks "The Index?"

"It's a list S.H.I..E.L.D. keeps of people and objects with powers", Simmons answers her new friend.

"Wait! What? How many are there? Are you saying there are more people –"

The hacker is interrupted by May, who shakes her head, "not many"

"Well, enough to keep a list"

Coulson finally joins the conversation, "A short list, meant to protect them"

"Though in rare cases S.H.I.E..L.D. has had to take action", Ward also speaks up.

Skye looks shocked, "Action against objects or people?", when no-one answers her mouth hangs open, "Well that's drastic with a side of creepy. How are they monitored? Tapped phone lines, satellite surveillance, body probes in dark, unpleasant places?"

The four senior agents all remain stoic, not saying anything. Fitz however laughs slightly, "body probes? Now, that's ridiculous. S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't do that", he looks to Coulson, "We don't do that, do we?"

"The methods vary", Skye gives Coulson a 'really?' look.

Ji continues with the briefing, "Chan was rated 'low risk'. He was assigned a case agent who checked in every few days", May changes the monitor behind him, "the agent went to find Chan, only to discover him missing", he then looks to the monitor, seeing Agent Kwan, "你好关特工,你好嗎?" (Hello Agent Kwan, how are you?), the team looks at him, started by his smooth switch in language, Ward smirks at their looks, knowing Ji's extensive knowledge on languages.