S1 E12: Seeds

2013 The BUS

Ji stood between Ward and Skye as FitzSimmons spoke about the upcoming mission, "there is nothing more unsettling", Simmons started the conversation, "being apart of something so horrible. Completely unaware. The cadet could've died"

Fitz continues as he makes them both some tea, "we drew up those concepts years ago. We didn't know they'd be applied in that way"

Skye then ask her question, "is this the device they found in the frozen pool?", both her and Ji look at the image on Ward tablet, "correction, the instantly frozen indoor pool?"

Ji brushes down his trousers before straightening up, he shares a look with Ward, "it looks to me like someone had planted it their a few days before, as if someone was waiting for those cadets to get in the pool", Ward nods along to what he says, agreeing.

"Well, as far as they can tell, the device uses a crystalline nucleation process she-", he nods at Simmons as he stirs his tea, "-designed"

Simmons adds on to the mans words, "and a delivery mechanism he invented. That's why we're being asked to consult on the investigation"

Her words make Skyes eyes widen, "so, we're going to the Academy?"

Ward looks at her, "Science and Technology Division. Cadets are pretty shaken up over what happened"

Ji takes over, looking at the science duo, "Agent Weaver has asked if you two could speak to the students about 'potentiality', maybe help calm them down", they two nod at him.

"Of course", Simmons face falls flat, "the talk. We've all heard the talk"

Skye shakes her head, "I haven't"

"I guess you will"

Skye smiles at FitzSimmons after ward tells her that, "well, I've heard a lot about the academy. I'm excited to finally see it"

This makes Ward speak again, while Ji takes the mug of coffee from his hand and drinks it, "me too. Never been to sci-tech before", his words spark a mischievous grin in Fitzs' eyes.

"Never?", Skye looks at him, incredulously, "huh, the different S.H.I.E.L.D. academy don't interact?"

Ji smiles at her as the geniuses scoff, "not really. Communications does, but they're the biggest and focus on data analysis"

Fitz nods, "boring"

Simmons looks at Skye, "by far the easiest to get into"

Fitz speaks again, "that's where you'd be, Skye"

Ji nearly laughs, patting Skyes back as she speaks, "thanks"

"Operations is the most aggressive program", Skye looks to Ward as he speaks, "more people wash out of operations then the other academies"