S1 E9: Repairs

2013 The BUS

Ji walks into Coulsons office seeing Skye sat in front of the desk, on the wall monitor is a picture of a young woman, the name 'Hannah Hutchins' beneath it, he brushes down his jeans before sitting in the chair beside the hacker. Skye smiles at his presence but then turns to Coulson, "wait, a telekinetic? I thought they didn't exists".

 Skye smiles at his presence but then turns to Coulson, "wait, a telekinetic? I thought they didn't exists"

Coulson leaned in his chair, "We never verified one. That's why we're going to Batesville, to conduct an index asset evaluation and intake", Skye pulls a small face.

"Does that mean we talk to her and see if she has powers?"

The comment makes Ji smile, looking to the girl, "yup"

Skye snorts a laugh, "Well, that needs a better name. Less IRS more...better. Something like the welcome wagon", she looks to Ji seeing him smirk slightly.

Coulson points at Skye, "I want you to pay close attention on this one, Skye. It's an opportunity to learn how to deal with someone with newfound abilities", he walks around his desk, handing the girl a folder.

She looks at the man, "It's not like I've never done this before", she then opens the folder, scanning it with her eyes, "I found Mike Peterson before you did"

Ji pulls a face at her, "mhm, remember how that went?", she only gives him a 'shut up' look in return.

"This is a chance to see how it's done right", Coulson the walks from his office, Skye and Ji following him.

Skye looks between the two agents, "how many people like this have you encountered?"

Coulson answers, "A handful. There's not that many people on The Index". Skye looks at Ji when she next speaks

"They must wig out when they see the S.H.I.E.L.D. trucks roll up", the Asian man answers her.

"The cases differ. Some of the people are in complete denial, believing that there's nothing unusual about them at all. The situations are delicate and from the reports we've received, this case seems particularly sensitive"

Skye looks down to the holo-table and reads some of the reports, "'Particle accelerator explodes' Hannah Hutchins, one of the quality control engineers. Was it her fault?"

"The town blames her. Four technicians died in that blast, on her watch" Coulson answers, sombrely.

Skye continues to read some reports, "thats terrible, all those families", she scrolls on the green, showing the four people who died in the accident.

"It's a small church community, and they're pretty rattled", Ji looks between the other two people in the room.

The hacker looks at the picture of Hannah, "She must be, too. Friends, co-workers dead, and on top of all that, she might have some crazy power she can't understand" Coulson looks at the girl.