sixty four

louist91: harry
louist91: harry
louist91: harry

harrystyles: What

louist91: call me

Moments later, Louis' phone screen lit up with an incoming call, and he pressed accept with a pleased grin. "Hey," he said softly.

"Why did you want me to call you?"

"I missed your voice," Louis said simply.

A shy smile spread over Harry's lips, and he ducked his head, laughing quietly. "It's only a few more days until we meet, you know. You could've waited."

Louis shrugged. "Didn't want to."

"Well, you missed my voice," Harry began softly, "What now?"

Bashfully, Louis laughed, wincing. "I don't know? I didn't really think that far ahead."

Before Harry could respond, Lottie's voice filtered through Louis' bedroom door. "Louis. Louis. Louis, open the door, I've got a question for you."

Louis groaned, tilted his head back against the headboard of his bed. "Lots, go away, I'm having a conversation."

"Don't care!" Lottie shouted. With that, the door busted open, and she burst into the room, snatching the phone from Louis' hands. Louis jumped up, shouting in protest as he tried to grab it back, but Lottie yanked it away, dashing out of the room.

"Give that back, hey!" he shouted, chasing after her. He was answered with only the sound of Lottie's giggle as she rounded the corner, running into her bedroom and slamming the door behind her. Louis heard her clear her throat, and she began to speak, her voice muffled.

"So, Harry," she started.

Louis banged on the door, jiggling the doorknob. "Lots, shut up," he called.

Through the door, Lottie continued on, and Louis pressed his ear to the wood so that he could hear her clearly. "What are your intentions with my brother?"

"Harry, ignore her!" Louis shouted frantically, trying to wedge the door open. "Lottie, leave him alone and let me in, come on!"

Just as Louis was able to shove the door open, lunging for his phone, Jay appeared at the end of the hallway, a judgemental expression on her face and a mug of tea in her hands. Louis grabbed the phone from Lottie, breathing heavily.

"What in God's name are you two doing?"

Louis whipped around, his hair disheveled, to see his mum staring at him and his sister, her eyes narrowed.

"Lottie stole my phone and was messing with Harry and—,"

"Louis wouldn't answer my question so I took his phone and then that made me think of a new question—,"

"You didn't even ask a question, what are you talking about—,"

"Both of you, quiet down," Jay said sternly. "Your sisters are still asleep, I don't want you waking them up. We can have a civil conversation in a minute, and Lottie, you can ask your questions, but leave those boys alone. It's too early to be pestering people."

Louis fidgeted, feeling like he was a small child again, being scolded.

"Louis, go back to your conversation, we'll talk later."

Louis nodded quickly, retreating to his room and flopping onto his bed. Embarrassed, he brought his phone back up to his face, Harry's amused face displayed on the screen.

"Harry, hi, I'm so sorry, just ignore, um, ignore anything Lottie said, she was just—,"

"It's okay," Harry laughed softly. "Don't worry about it. As much as I'd love to talk longer, I think you should go de-escalate with your mum, she seemed... displeased, to say the least."

Louis winced, nodding. "Yeah, I should go do that. I'll uh... I'll see you in two days, I guess."

"See you in two days," Harry said, smiling softly before disconnecting the call.

Louis stared at the blank screen for a moment with a fond look before coming to his senses and shoving his phone into his pocket. Tentatively, he made his way into the living room where his mum was sitting on the couch, sipping her tea with an amused smile.

"So," she said softly, catching sight of Louis hovering in the doorway, "you wanna explain what all the shouting was about?"

Louis flushed a deep red, staring at the floor. "I was on the phone with Harry, and Lots started knocking on my door, trying to get my attention. I didn't want to, uh... I didn't want to answer her, or, I didn't want to stop talking to Harry, I guess, so I ignored her."

"And she busted the door open and took your phone?" Jay asked wryly.

Louis let out a quiet laugh, nodding. "And I chased after her, yelling like I was witnessing a murder. Stupid in the moment, even stupider when you repeat it out loud."

His mum laughed, shaking her head. "Just please refrain from doing that so early in the morning, yeah? It was hard enough getting Doris and Ernie to sleep last night, I don't want them waking up too early."

Louis winced apologetically. "Will do. Sorry again."

Jay waved away his apology. "It's fine. And I'll talk to Lottie about taking other people's belongings."

"Thanks Mum," Louis said gratefully.

"You're welcome, dear."

Two more chapters until in person... bear with me everyone, I'm fighting for my life trying to write out the rest of the chapters in time