seventy one - edited

Harry yelped in surprise as Louis wrapped him in a hug from behind, rocking him from side to side. He giggled, turning to grin over his shoulder at Louis as he pressed himself to his chest, letting Louis bury his face in Harry's neck.

"How's it feel to be an official highschool graduate?" Louis asked, his voice muffled by Harry's sweatshirt. "As of two days ago, I mean." Harry twisted around in his arms, wrapping his arms around him tightly as he folded himself to fit in Louis' embrace.

"Pretty good, but I gotta say, having you here is better." Louis smiled, pressing a kiss to Harry's curls as he took a step forward, guiding Harry to the dining table.

"Well, we've got the whole day together, so why don't we take a few minutes to eat breakfast, yeah? I'm starving, and I think your mum's made pancakes." Harry hummed his agreement, but he only buried his face further into Louis' chest, tightening his grip around his waist.

"Get a room, you two, this is a public space," Gemma complained, rubbing her eyes as she stumbled into the room. "It's way too early to see that shit."

Anne poked her head around the kitchen doorway, tutting, though there was a smile on her face. "Language."

Gemma shook her head amusedly, holding her hands up in surrender. "Sorry, Mum."

Reluctantly, Harry disentangled himself from Louis, and Louis laughed, taking his hand as he led him to the table.

When Harry was seated in the chair next to Louis, Louis glanced over at him, grinning cheekily before grabbing the side of his chair and pulling him closer.

Breakfast was mostly quiet, filled with fond glances and aimless conversation. After, Harry and Louis curled up together on the couch, sipping mugs of lukewarm coffee. They'd both been a bit too wrapped up in each other to notice that their drinks were going cold.

"So, I was thinking that maybe today I could introduce you to Niall," Harry offered softly. "And then maybe tonight we could go to that karaoke place I was at a while back? It's more of a pub sort of place with a stage, but it's fun."

Louis smiled, leaning into Harry's side. "Sounds perfect. Do you have an idea as to where we're gonna meet him, or is it brainstorm time?"

"I thought I could take you to his house, we could eat lunch in his backyard. Then head home, change, and head to the pub. Or, wait, we need dinner. Dinner at the pub? I think they have food there. Or go out to eat? We could stay home, too."

"Harry," Louis laughed. "Anything is okay with me, really. I'm happy whatever we do, as long as I'm with you," he added, smiling cheekily.

Harry flushed, knocking his knee into Louis'. "Sap."

"It's truuuuue," Louis sang, a blush warming his own cheeks. "And how about we talk about dinner plans when we get to Niall's, yeah? We can figure it out then."

&

At first, Louis was rather worried that spending the day with Niall, a guy he barely knew, would be awkward, but soon enough, Niall had made sure there wouldn't be a single trace of uncomfortable small talk. Already, during the short time they had spent on a picnic mat in Niall's backyard, he had rambled his way through three separate stories with Louis nodding and mumbling agreements where appropriate, and he showed no signs of stopping anytime soon.

Harry sat beside him with a pleased smile, glancing between Niall and Louis every few minutes as if to make sure they weren't going to suddenly stop getting along. When he wasn't keeping a careful eye on the two, he had his head resting on Louis' shoulder, and his fingers tangled with Louis'.