seventy six

Louis' alarm went off early. Too early. He hadn't gotten enough time to lie in bed with Harry, hadn't gotten enough time to appreciate the way he sighed and snuffled in his sleep. He'd never have enough time.

Something tickled Louis' bare ankle, and when he looked down, he realized Harry had managed to intertwine their limbs as they slept in a fashion that reminded him quite a bit of an octopus. Harry's leg was slotted between Louis' own, his foot curled around Louis' ankle, and his arms were wrapped around Louis' waist in a tight yet comforting hold. His upper half curled into Louis' torso, face buried in his chest. The blanket was tucked in up to his chin, and his nose twitched adorably as a small lock of his hair brushed up against it. He let out a tiny sigh, nuzzling closer to Louis, and a sleepy, satisfied smile curved his lips.

Right then, Louis needed to focus on steeling himself to get up and pack his suitcase, but every happy little hum and sigh that Harry let out was pulling him back into the warmth of the covers and Harry's embrace. Maybe packing could wait a little while.

"Lou."

Louis startled, realizing that Harry had opened his eyes and was now looking at him with the loveliest sleep-addled expression. "Hey, babe," Louis murmured, reaching out to brush Harry's messy fringe out of his eyes. "How'd you sleep?"

A rather endearing grin spread over Harry's face. "Really well. Always do, when you're next to me."

Louis was absolutely done for. God, was he fond of Harry. He still couldn't quite believe Harry liked him the way he liked Harry.

Though he very much wanted to continue to obsess over Harry, he pried himself out of Harry's arms and propped himself up on his elbow, smiling apologetically. "I've gotta get up," he said reluctantly. "I've got a ton of packing to do." Immediately, Harry frowned, wrapping his arm around Louis' torso again.

"Wait a while? I just need a few minutes."

Of course Louis couldn't say no, especially when he himself didn't want to leave. So he laid back down, a grin breaking out across his face when Harry hummed happily, burying his face in Louis' shoulder and wriggling closer so that their bodies were pressed together.

&

Nearly a full half hour later, the two were fighting to stay awake, with Harry having drifted off to sleep twice already. Louis nudged him awake, smiling at the discontented grumble Harry let out.

"Harry, babe," he prodded. "We've gotta get up."

Harry pouted, trying to pull the blanket over his head, but Louis grabbed it, shaking his head as he held back a smile.

"Nice try. C'mon, I wanna spend the day with you before I leave."

That caught Harry's attention, and he propped himself up on his elbow with a frown. "Okay."

Louis didn't like that expression at all. "Hey, 's alright," he said softly, leaning over to press a kiss to the tip of Harry's nose. "C'mere, gimme a cuddle."

A faint smile ghosted over Harry's lips as he scooted over, melting into Louis' embrace. He hummed happily, and after a long moment, he spoke.

"D'you wanna go get tea together? I wanna do one last thing together before you go."

"Jesus, you're making it sound like I'm about to die," Louis laughed, pulling back to press a second kiss to Harry's cheek. "But yeah, I'd love that. Let me go get dressed and brush my teeth and I'll be ready to go."

Soon enough, Louis had changed into a pair of trousers and a warm wool sweater. He found Harry sitting on the edge of his unmade bed with his hair still tousled by sleep, kicking at a corner of the blanket that hung off the edge of the bed.