seventy two

before reading, please refer to my latest announcement on my conversation board (April 1, 2022)

thanks in advance !

"I think I'm dead," Harry groaned from beside Louis, his voice raspy with sleep.

"I'm past dead," Louis said. "I think I might be dying for the fourth time though."

"God, why do I drink?" Harry asked miserably. "I never learn, I don't know why I do this to myself."

Louis rolled over, shielding his eyes from the sunlight filtering through the curtains. "It always seems like such a good idea, and it's just not." The force of his last word multiplied his already splitting headache, and he groaned, curling into Harry's side. "I'm never going out again. I'm not."

"Me neither," Harry agreed, letting out a pained sigh.

Louis frowned, propping himself up to squint at Harry. "You alright? Besides the obvious hangover."

Harry smiled weakly, waving his concerns away. "Just a headache, don't worry."

Louis hummed thoughtfully. "I'll go find us something to eat and make tea, see if that helps."

Smiling, Harry rolled over, cuddling into Louis' chest. "Thank you," he said gratefully. "You want any help?"

"Nah, I'll manage on my own," Louis assured him. "Be back in a few minutes," he said, brushing a gentle kiss over Harry's temple before heaving himself out of bed. He shivered in the cold morning air as he trudged to the kitchen, fumbling with the kettle.

"Rough morning?" Anne's gentle voice sounded from behind Louis, and he spun around.

"Whatever makes you say that?" he asked wryly.

She laughed, leaning against the kitchen island. "I made muffins yesterday if you two are looking for something to eat, they're blueberry-orange."

Louis brightened, smiling wearily. "That sounds great, actually, thank you."

"And I'm glad I saw you this morning, actually," Anne started, and for a brief moment, panic flashed through Louis, the first thought that came to mind, though completely irrational, being 'please don't ask about Harry and I.' However, as Anne continued on, he relaxed significantly. "I wanted to let the two of you know that Gemma and I are heading out to have a girl's day, so you'll be alone in the house. I just didn't want to have anyone panic when I wasn't in the house. I know you're capable adults but I still like to make sure I don't leave without warning."

He nodded, turning the stove off as the kettle started to whistle. "I'll let Harry know," Louis promised, pouring the hot water into mugs and setting the tea bags in to steep. He turned back to Anne, finding her smiling knowingly. "What?"

"You two are sweet," she said softly. Louis' brow furrowed in confusion. "Getting him breakfast, making his tea that way he likes it," Anne elaborated. "It's sweet."

He had actually gotten out the stuff to make Harry's tea the way he liked it, Louis realized. He hadn't even thought much about it as he had pulled the milk out of the fridge and set it to the side and he put the kettle on. Of course, he was of the opinion that adding milk to tea was a criminal act, but Harry overpowered that by a lot. Something in the way he smiled turned Louis into a man with no morals whatsoever, apparently.

Still, as much as it pained him, Louis pulled the tea bags out of the mugs, and poured milk into Harry's, stirring it with a thin silver spoon.

He didn't realize he was making a face as he did so until Anne startled him out of his focus.