7. A Painting of Secrecy.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Del... Del."

Coughing up blood, Del Tightened his grip around his father, whome was shot and was severely injured by the war...

"T-Tay... Malapit na po tayo, Sandali nalang."

[ F-Father... We're almost there, Just a little more. ]

Del Pilar's voice hitched, Trembled as he felt his father's weight become more heavy with each passing moment. Katipunan's consciousness was going dark with each step he knew his son was taking him, By his shoulder, He knew that Del was trying all his might and energy to get him somewhere safe and can be healed, but...

It was too late...

He was already loosing a lot of blood from the wound by his side, and medical help is so unreachable to get him there on time."

"Del... Tama na..."

[ Del... Stop... ]

"Hindi. Ayoko mawala pati ikaw, Itay. Nauna na si Inay, Ayaw ko na maranasan ulit yung sakit na iyon. "

[ No. I don't want to lose even you, Father. Mother went on first, and I dont want to experience that again. ]

Katipunan once again coughed up blood, His weakened state was already sign of his ticking clock, coming to an end.

"Del..."

Del Pilar kept going, despite the injury on his leg from the battle, they had fought earlier, The young Filipino general kept grasping even to the tiniest of hope.

"Del, Bitawan mo na ako."

[ Del, Let me go. ]

"Hindi. Ayoko. Malapit na tayo sa pagamutan, Itay. Maililigtas pa kita..."

[ No, I won't. We're near the clinic/hospital, Father. I can still save you. ]

Tears weld up Del's eyes as he could lie to some extent, Yet, Not like this... He didn't want to lose anyone else...

His siblings were no where of sight, expected of them to not be, Especially Philip. Yet, He wanted help from them... Even from his Older Brother, Martial. He would know what to do in this situation, yet, where was he? when their own beloved father is dying beside him?

"Del, Huwag ka nang magpilit pa... Huli na ito para sa akin."

[ Del, Don't force it any longer... This is the end for me. ]

Katipunan lets go of Del, falling to the ground as his eyes went colourless.

"Tay!"

Del looked at his Father's state, It had worsen. Katipunan was barely breathing and Del could hear footsteps nearby, He didn't know what to do anymore.... He was scared, Terrified of what their enemies would do to them in this weak state.