9. Taken for Granted.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Padre, Please... I can't-"

"Are you wavering, boy?! Do as I say this instant!"

Trembling hands stricken by the thin rod of punishment from his adoptive father's hands. His hot tears going down on his face as he hears the racing beat of his heart.

"Take all your country spirit! We must control those blasted provinces from rebelling against my empire!"

It was neither his decision nor will, that his knees would be scrapped with the roughness of the floor, kneeling down as he couldnt handle the pain souring through his body as his country spirit forcely taken out after his father declared; Martial Law.

"Brother! Padre, Por favor!"

His sister pleaded, Her eyes taken the image of this insightly manner of his. Her fragile body being forced out the door as the soldiers pushed her back from entering.

"Take her away! Lock her up if you have to!"

"Philia!"

"Brother!"

He tried reaching out but failed. His own will taken away from him as the grip of the higher ups tighten and hurt him. The sight of his sister being taken away had reminded him of which he lost during the first time he was unable to do anything; Everything.

"Martial law! You are to stay here until we control those barking children!"

"Padre... I-"

In just a moment's time, A sharp sting landed on his face as he had face sidewards. His hearing already degraded to ringing as his vision became blurry...

"You're giving up now? With those potential in your golden eyes?"

"Padre..."

"Come now Martial. Help your dear Father for a while..."

Spanish Empire cold hands brushed through his face, their eyes locking into each other. One frightened and one menacing.

"Father..."

"Come Martial."

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

"It is quite difficult to assess his excellency especially when he's in this state."

"Alright, Thank You."

As the Presidential doctor headed out, Philip-who sat by the nearest sofa by the bed, expressed his concern. Just few weeks in and the country representative was nowhere near giving signs of waking up.

"He is as incompetent as he left. He should've stayed quiet and remained in whatever hole he dug from."

"Philip! Enough of your complains! This is Kuya we are talking about and you're sitting there like its his fault for being alive!"'

"What if I am?"

"Enough! The both of you!"

A loud voice entered the conversation as a thud came with it. Turning to the doorway, The three siblings' eyes dropped to the floor as their grandfather, Luzon, made his way to their eldest brother. His splendidly decorated cane going from thud per thud as he walked.