Ch. 49 - "Just let me explain"

****A/N – I know ... and I'm sorry in advance****

"Tamaki, can we talk in the kitchen please?" I asked as calmly as I could. Truthfully I was pissed and embarrassed that he had my EX of all people.

"Y-yeah." Tamaki said as he sat the shirt he was folding down on the arm of the couch. He barely took a step before Izuku spoke again.

"You don't have to run away ... I'm fully aware that you hate me now ..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck and looked away from me.

"Fine." I said before turning my attention towards Tamaki, "Why in the world did you call HIM of all people?"

"I ... um ... they know you better than I do ... and uh ... I called to see how I could help you more ..." Tamaki's red face was buried behind his hands as he spoke.

"Okay ... but why HIM?" I asked again ... truthfully I didn't care WHY he called as much I care about WHO he called.

"Well ... Chargebolt made you upset ... uh .. in the first place... so I um I didn't want to ask him." Tamaki started rambling, "But when I called Deku, he-"

"Said that I would come help." Izuku interrupted him. My head snapped in his direction and our eyes met.

"And how in the fuck do you think you're going to help me?" I asked, finally letting all the rage I felt towards him and everyone else out.

"Can we just talk?" He asked, up in a defeated manner.

"Pretty sure the last time you asked if we could talk you were fucking Kendo an hour later!" I yelled. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tamaki retreating to the safety of the kitchen. I wasn't done talking to him, but that conversation could wait for now.

"Y/N ... please." Izuku said as he walked towards me, "Just let me explain."

"EXPLAIN WHAT?" I yelled at him, "EXPLAIN WHY YOU THREW THE PAST YEAR TOGETHER DOWN THE DRAIN?! EXPLAIN WHY YOU DECIDED THEY WERE WORTH LOSING ME?" I paused as a tear escaped from the corner of my eye and ran down my face, "Explain why I wasn't good enough?"

"You were good enough." He said as he wrapped his arms around me, "You've always been good enough."

His warmth felt familiar ... comforting. I know I should have pulled away, but I was so drained from everything that I didn't. Instead, I buried my head into his chest as the tears fell from my eyes.

"Do you wanna take a walk and get some air?" He asked softly as he placed his chin on the top of my head.

"Y-yeah." I choked out while trying to stop crying.

"Okay." He released me from his arms and took me by the hand as he led me to the door. "We'll be back Amajiki!" he called.

~~

For twenty minutes, neither of us said anything as we walked around the empty streets, we just walked hand in hand like we used to. Then Izuku broke the silence.

"I really do want to explain Y/N." he said, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Fine." I released his hand and stopped walking, turning to face him with my arms across my chest, "Explain then."

His eyes studied our surroundings for a long time before he finally took a deep breath and started talking.

"It was Toga." He said quietly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"When you thought you caught me with Uraraka and then again with Kendo ..." It was hard to read the emotion in his voice as he spoke, "It was Toga ... both times."

"Are ... are you serious right now?" I asked as shock and disbelief filled me.

"Yeah, sh-"

"I don't see how you think this could make anything better!" I said as I took a step away from him.

"Just listen for a second." He said and reached for my shoulders. I took another step back to avoid his touch.

"Talk." I said. To be honest, I'm not sure why I was even giving him the time of day right now.

"She approached me a couple months ago and said if I didn't sleep with her ... they'd take you." Izuku said in a rush.

"That ... that doesn't even make any sense." I told him as I tried to process the information he just told me.

"Well ... you've met Toga ..." He muttered.

He made a point ... Toga was insane, it's plausible that she would make some kind of deal like that.

"So ... you ..." I tried to form a sentence but I couldn't at the moment.

"Cheated on you ..." Izuku said, "To keep you safe."

He let me process things for a moment.

"I love you ..." He said as he cupped my face in his hands, "I always have."

His lips met mine and I almost pulled away ... but then I didn't.

I let myself melt into his lips ... the way his hands felt on my skin ... all of it.

I wasn't sure if I fully forgave him for what had happened, but it was at least enough to realize how much I've missed him. How much I've missed us.

"I've missed you ..." He said when the kiss finally broke.

"I missed you too." I whispered back.

"Can I please take you back to the dorms?" He asked. I nodded in response, "Okay, I'll text Amajiki and let him know."

~~

When we got to the dorms, I didn't even try to go to my room.

Thankfully, we hadn't seen anyone in the common room or on the way to Izuku's room.

We were now laying in his bed and it was like our lips were magnetized.

I knew exactly what he wanted when his hand slipped under the shirt I was wearing ... but I couldn't do it.

For some unknown reason, I just couldn't. But I also couldn't just tell him that...

"Izuku ... can you please go get me a drink?" I asked as I pulled away from his lips. It was the only excuse I could think of in the moment.

"I ... uhh ..." He looked surprised at first, then smiled softly, "Yeah... of course."

"Thank you." I said as he got off the bed and walked towards the door.

When he left, I looked for my phone but quickly realized that I had left it at Tamaki's apartment, so I just laid there thinking things through.

~Deku POV~

As I walked down the stairs I pulled my phone from my pocket and sent a text to Toga.

Amaya better be gone. -Izuku

She texted back almost immediately.

Toga- she's been delt with

Good.

I walked the rest of the way to the kitchen with a smile on my face.

I opened the fridge and surveyed the options. Then the bottle of juice that was clearly marked with Y/N's name caught my eye. It was her favorite and I'm betting she would appreciate it if I got her a glass of it.

After I poured it into a cup and started to put the container back into the fridge, a voice came from the door of the kitchen.

"That's Y/N's." Kaminari said in a defensive tone.

I shut the fridge and picked up the cup before I started walking towards him.

"Who do you think it's for?" I asked, fully aware of the smug look I had as I pushed past him through the door and headed to the elevator.

****A/N – listen ... I know what you're going to say ... just keep powering through and TRUST ME****