Ch.4

Nialls POV

It was currently almost fully night time in our hotel room and I was in the process of finding some blankets and a thermometer. It had been a long week and it was real dramatic too. Zayn was sick for about a couple of days now, but we'd just found out. I heard him coughing and sneezing loads, but we all thought it was a joke and now Zayn was in physical pain from how sick he was.

Zayn was lying down in his bed with Liam right beside him and Liam was trying to help calm Zayn down a bit. Zayn was just really restless and he kept on complaining about how cold he was. I decided it would be best to put Zayn in some sweats so that's what we did, but then he got way too hot and he had to take it off. If most people were taking care of Zayn right now, they would have probably gotten fed up with how picky he was being. But we couldn't help but feel guilty the whole time.

"Zayn I got you a blanket." I said laying the blanket all over him. I gave the thermometer to Liam so he could take Zayn's temperature. As I put the blanket on Zayn, he was still shivering. Liam and I suggested that he go to sleep, but every couple minutes he was awoken by a harsh coughing fit which would leave him almost gasping for air.

Zayn looked way too exhausted to do anything and all he wanted to do was fall asleep. All of us knew that but we didn't know how to keep him asleep. Liam thought of making Zayn lie in bed on his stomach so when a cough came on, he could rub Zayns back to help subside it quickly. It wasn't that easy though. Sometimes he'd be awoken by a sneeze and he said it hurt to lay on his stomach.

"Zayn, I need to check your fever ok?" Liam said gently caressing Zayns back. Liam was being so careful to make sure that nothing bothered Zayn that he even dimmed the lights knowing that it would be hard for himself to see, but it would relax Zayn more with everything that he was feeling. Louis told Zayn to sit up a bit so he could get his temperature taken.

"It hurts." Zayn whispered in a barely audible voice, coughing a bit after.

"What hurts? Are you dizzy or anything?" Liam asked beginning to tense up. He even forgot about taking Zayns temperature so he put the thermometer down on the bedside table to put his hand over Zayns shoulder. Right now Liam seemed to be just as emotionally unstable as Zayn.

"Liam, calm down. He's kind of delirious right now." I said knowing that fevers affected Zayns behaviour quite often. The last time he was sick, he didn't even know where he was.

"Yeah I know. I'm just really worried about him. I mean, look! He's sweating like crazy and he looks really weak. Do you think it's something worse? Maybe we should call a doc-" Liam started saying. But before he continued to say the rest of his sentence Harry and Louis cut him off.

"It's fine, we'll watch over him." Harry said reassuring Liam. Louis added on, "Yeah we got him into this mess anyways."

While Liam and Louis were talking to Liam trying to reassure him some more, I was staring at Zayn making sure that he was ok. He seemed to be drifting off into sleep even while he was sitting up. I didn't want to interrupt Liam, Louis' and Liam's conversation considering the fact that Liam looked a bit chilled for the first time today, but I decided it would be best if I took Zayn's temperature instead of Liam. He'd be to nervous to do that.

"I'll take your temperature instead. Ready?" I asked quietly getting on the other side of Zayn. He looked at me with his red watery eyes and you could tell he'd been crying. It wasn't obvious, but from time to time you'd see him leaning into Liams shirt and he'd shake a bit.

"You've been crying?" I asked poking the side of his cheek to help cheer him up. He nodded softly while he blew his nose with a tissue and layed back down into his covers. I knew he was embarrassed , but he had no right to be. It was our fault that he got so sick and now he was embarrassed about it.