La familia Madrigal.

"Ay! Camilo, mijo

"Ay! Camilo, mijo.. You didn't tell me you had a girl over?" A woman, in a yellow dress akin to the bright sun or a field of sun flowers, spoke. The color was similar to Camilo's. It reminded me of his ruana that got dirty with dust and dry leaves the other day. "Mamá, she's a friend."

A friend? Surely we were both nothing more than acquaintances, right? Or maybe barely that. The two of us were complete strangers who only knew each other's name. The woman, Camilo's mother, laughed lightly, pinching her son's cheek teasingly. "Well, get your friend down there now, hijo. Breakfast is ready." Camilo nodded, returning the smile his mother gave him. What a mama's boy. How cute.

"Hey," he greeted, nudging your shoulder. "I'll get down in a minute or so. Please, continue on without me. I wouldn't want to burden you,"

“Right,”  he chuckled, “Sleep well, bonita.” The door clicked shut, silence embracing me gently akin to a mother's warming hug. I sighed, mother would be disappointed. If she saw me sleeping more than the designated time, surely she'd scold me for a minute or two (2).

I stood up, a sudden shriek left my lips as I felt the tiles of the floor move. I slowly look down, “Weird,” I whisper. Maybe I was still half asleep.

▬▬▬▬

“Finally decided to get out of bed, hermosa?” A laugh left his lips, Camilo lightly joked. “Take a seat,” Dolores called, gesturing to the empty sit that remained vacant beside here. She must have noticed my presence immediately.

“Apologies, I didn’t think I’d sleep in that late,” I bashfully admit, sitting down on the wooden chair with a red cushion. Comfy.

It was no surprise. I was always told to sleep at a reasonable time and wake up to get ready for the daily lessons mother has assigned me to. It was new to me getting more than eight (8) hours of sleep and waking around nine (9) A.M.

“Something troubling you?” Dolores asked quietly, nudging my shoulder with hers. I must have spaced out. “Perfectly fine. Sorry about that,” I answered.