I'll Be Seeing You.

"If you don't mind me asking," Camilo said, throwing another pebble into the clear lake

"If you don't mind me asking," Camilo said, throwing another pebble into the clear lake. "Fire away," I answered, chuckling lightly as I saw the small rock fully submerge into the deep.

"What did you do when you were doing your noble activities?" He asked, glancing at me as he picked up another pebble. This time, it was a white one. It had sharp edges all around it and soil covering half its figure. I think to myself for a moment, "A lot. I spent most my time in the library, mother always made me read thick books with dusty covers that would go all the way back in the shelf," I say, laughing at the memory of sneezing multiple times because of the dust covered encyclopedia mother once made me read.

"Ah, I do adore fencing quite a lot as well," I chuckle, reminiscing the days I had to spend under the scorching sun and fervent weather. Camilo perked upon the mention of the said art. "Could you teach me?" He asked, moving his hands around enthusiastically and running around like a small kid.

I laugh. Me? Teaching someone? I've been to occupied in learning I never got the chance to share my interests with someone. Let alone teach. "I don't know," I said, "Could you even handle it?"

Of course he could. An hour passed, it was around noon at this time. The sun stood high, its scorching flames felt as if it was burning me almost immediately as soon as I step foot into their backyeard. I sigh, this feels like it backfired, somehow.

"You okay there, bonita?" He asks, an amused smirk on his face. I scoff at his antics. Is he making fun of me? "Yes, I am. Thank you for your genuine concern," I responded, walking up to him.

"Ah," he laughed, shaking the water bottle in his hand lightly. "You want this?" No shit. "Camilo," I groan, attempting to reach for the bottle he held high in his hand that was far from reach. A laugh once again left his lips, his head tipping back as he shook it once more. "Come on," he said, grinning stupidly as he held it higher, much to my dismay. "You can do it, right, hermosa?"