Tabby cat and an old man's home.

To say Camilo was enthusiastic would be an understatement

To say Camilo was enthusiastic would be an understatement. He was more than that. He was beaming with joy, grin as wide as ever. The Madrigals, as well as the townsfolk were confused. Yet, they didn’t question it further. Maybe he was just planning another stupid antic to mess around with.

Isabela, however, gingerly looked at her primo. Gaze filled with curiosity as she carefully stared at him happily munching on her mamá’s cooking. He was far than enthusiastic than usual, he practically had rainbows and sunshines beaming all over him!

“Isa, I’ll take your food if you’re not gonna eat,” Camilo said, a smirk on his face as he chewed his food. Isabela was quick to roll her eyes in annoyance, averting her gaze away. Deciding not to pry any further into his unusual behaviour, she sat there eating.

“How’s [name]? I heard the Rivera’s business is blooming a lot more than usual because of her,” Pepa chuckled. The sound of her cutlery following her words right after. Isabela glanced at the boy, taking a bite into the cut out meat.

Camilo smiled to himself, “She’s helping them out. They’re getting along really well, actually. Makes me wonder if they have adopted her already,” He laughed. Pepa hummed, a satisfied grin on her face.

Breakfast was quick to pass. With the Madrigals already helping out in town, everybody did their own assigned chores. Camilo fiddled amidst the plaza where he stood anxiously, whispering nonsensical words to himself.

“So,” Isabela came into view. An exasperated groan leaving the boy’s lips as he turned to her with an irritable expression. “So?” He asked, raising an eyebrow. “What’s with you.. So restless all of a sudden,” Isabela said, nudging him softly. Camilo scoffed, fixing his ruana immediately. “And why are you being so nosey all of a sudden, huh?”

Isabela scrunched her nose in annoyance, blowing flowers in his direction. “So agitated. Is it the time of the month for you?” She joked, an amused grin on her face as she looked at him with a teasing glint.

Camilo clicked his tongue, shrugging off the flowers all over his shoulders. “Aren’t you supposed to be all swoony on señora Pia’s daughter?” He asked, ignoring her queries. The town’s publisher’s daughter had come home from abroad, saying she wanted to pay a visit and stay in encanto for awhile.