Hold me close; dare to never let go.

Dolores, to say the least, was perplexed

Dolores, to say the least, was perplexed. The Madrigal who knew everything- literally, was perplexed. Shocked, confused, even uncertain and full of doubt. She didn't know what was going on.

"Are you sick?" She straightforwardly asked, placing both her hands down on the counter as she stared at her younger brother who had an arepa in his mouth. Her gaze was.. pressuring. Full of curiosity and a desire to know.

"Sick?" Camilo removed the food that prevented him to speak properly, placing it down on his plate. "Sick in the head, maybe you are."

"Ay, you have lost your mind!" Dolores said with a snap of her finger, frantically placing her hands on top of her head as she has come to a conclusion. "Or maybe," she paused, head perking up with her attention set back to the boy who was taking a bite on his food.

"You are in love!" She gasped, "Tell me, chico, you are, aren't you?" Camilo abruptly choked on the food in his mouth, looking at her sister who stood there anxiously.

"What are you talking about?" He asked gingerly, setting down the plate in his hands down to the table. "Did mamá pay you to spy on me?"

Dolores sighed. She knew her brother was sometimes an idiot who would always go around and do reckless stuff but it never came to her that he'd be this oblivious.

"With that girl, [name]," she said, glancing at the door momentarily to see if there were any new visitors that would often consult Abuela for help or Luisa to do some of their chores. Or maybe, she was looking for someone else. "I've never seen you look at anyone like that before."

Camilo knew that. It dawned upon him before he could even fully admit his feelings. He was captivated by you. He didn't know whether it was love or simply just admiration, though, he was sure he was charmed by your mere presence alone.

"Sorry," Dolores whispered, "Don't think about it too much. It's nice to see you all happy with her." She gave him a comforting smile. She didn't want to put any burdening pressure on him. Love isn't anything like that- nor should it ever be. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called so.