Longingly.

It was a nice feeling

It was a nice feeling. Oddly enough, (he didn’t know how nor why) everything about her caused a feeling in him that stirred inside him causing his stomach to churn. He often found himself staring at her, admiring every movement as he would stare at her lips curving into a smile, her hair flowing with the wind passing by. Her body swaying smoothly and her warm hands that would engulf his as they grasp each other— desperate of one another’s touch.

He found each and every moment spent with her endearing. From making coffee together and to entertaining the local townsfolk with his shapeshifting ability. He found great comfort in every moment spent with her.

“You alright there, mijo?” His mother asked, a worried yet endearing smile adorning her features lovingly as she stood behind the door. “Mami, jeez, sorry. I didn’t notice you,” Camilo returned the warm smile. “Come in.”

Pepa walked in, glancing around the room. It has been awhile since she last visited his room, let alone check up on her son due to the constant chores and events she was handling. “How are you doing?” She asked, a comforting smile not leaving her face as she sat down beside him.

Pepa caressed her knee gently, patiently waiting for her son’s response. She had missed the child, reminicising their past moments spent with each other when he was younger. She smiled at the thought, he has grown so much.

“I’m doing alright, mami,” the boy answered. “And you? Is there something troubling you?” Pepa’s smile grew, shaking her head in disagreement. “I’m alright, don’t worry about me too much,” she lightly chuckled. Pepa knew how much his son worried for her mother, he has always been protective of her. Constantly checking up on her and helping her on her needs. Truly, he didn’t mind. He enjoyed her mother’s presence.

Though, not in a way he enjoyed hers.

“Actually,” he spoke. “Have you ever,” Camilo paused, growing anxious with his thoughts. It worried him, he didn’t know what he was feeling.

But he isn't stupid, he knows what he feels. Maybe he’s just too much of a coward to admit them truthfully.

Pepa caressed her son’s back gently. Her eyes were filled with patience and care. She didn’t mind waiting. Even for eternity, she’d wait for her children. For her family, she’d do anything.

“Go on,” she whispered with an encouraging smile. Camilo sighed, pursing his lips. “Yearned for someone? Their presence?”

He felt stupid admitting it. He wanted her, not in a selfish way. He wanted her in a way lovers do— in a way she wanted him, too.

He sighed, shrugging those thoughts off. “I’m sorry, mami. Forget it, it’s nothing,” he smiled. Pepa halted, choosing not to continue upon her actions. “Go get her, mijo.” He winced slightly at those words. Glancing at his mother who held a dear smile on her face.

Camilo stood up with a smile, one that mirrored his mother’s. “Gracías, mami,” he said, placing a gentle and quick kiss on his mother’s cheek as he ran.

He ran down the stairs and onto the streets of encanto, in hopes to find the girl he’s been looking for. The girl he's been longing for all day.

She hadn’t left his mind for a single moment, leaving his thoughts all messed up. He couldn’t think straight, he couldn’t sort out his thoughts properly as he ran through the bustling crowd amidst the lively plaza.

He looked around, frantically. Head spinning and breath shortening as he made his way through the crowd. He grew more and more anxious each second passing by, throat beginning to dry.

“Camilo?”

His words got caught up in his throat. Eyes setting its gaze on her figure that stood beneath the sunlight. Ragged breath as he stared at her. He didn’t know what to say, it felt surreal.

“There you are.” Words left his lips, almost coming out as an inaudible whisper. “I finally found you.”

The girl laughed, walking up to him with a smile, “Indeed you have.”

He let out a breath, it was as if he would come crashing down, body limp and weak from exhaustion. “Are you alright?” She asked. Is he? He felt sheepish, embarrassed by his own actions and words as he slowly nodded.

“Is there a reason as to why you are looking for me?” The girl asked, a hint of worry on the tone of her voice as she looked at him with concern. “I just missed you.”

He felt his throat go dry again. Words slipping out of his mouth smoothly without a care. He’d hit himself if he could, though, he’d probably embarrass himself more.

[name] chuckled, “It’s only been half a day.” Her statement made him grow bashful— which is undeniably true. “I miss you, too. I feel flattered knowing you troubled yourself coming here just to see me,” the girl laughed.

Camilo perked up at her words, quickly denying it. “Please, querida, you are no trouble at all. You could never bother me, I insist,” he said, placing a hand on his chest.

The girl smiled. “The great Camilo Madrigal has gone soft for a runaway noble,” she lightly jested, a teasing grin on her face as she watched the boy grow bashful with amusement.

Camilo quickly shrugged the growing feeling rising in his stomach. “Of course, I doubt anyone could resist your charms, hermosa. Especially me,” he grinned, taking her hand in his gently.

There it is. The sweet warmth of her hand entangling with his. He felt weak in her grasp. As if he’d shatter into countless pieces if he dared to move wrongly. He didn’t want to let go, he’d miss the feeling all too quickly.

She giggled, placing a hand on her cheek, gently caressing it with her lips curving into a smile. “And I can’t resist yours, querido,” she answered.