Ako'y Sayo / Ikaw Ay Akin.

Camilo was never one to fall in love

Camilo was never one to fall in love. Growing up in a magical town and being admired by many filled him great pride and joy. All he could ever ask for. Though, it was never the same feeling his mother describes whenever her eyes would lock gazes with his father.

That was, until he met her.

Drawing him in like a moth to a burning flame, skin trailing with burnt marks every time he'd feel her touch. It was as though his skin was on fire, every sensation made him feel alive, oddly enough. The simple, yet dulcet feeling whenever he'd hear her laugh was enough to make his breath get caught up in his throat.

There wasn't any those "first time laid my eyes upon them" to him. Because every time he sets his eyes upon her, it felt as though he was falling in love again. It was a refreshing sensation, like a fierce blowing of wind passing by him and engulfing him whole.

He loved every single thing about her. Eyes unbearably beautiful that would light up with joy, the corner of her lips curving into a bright smile, mimicking the sun that shines greatly in the morning.

"I love you, too," says the boy. "Through death, I always will."

The girl boldly laughs, "You have gone soft. You are so cheesy."

Camilo simply lets out a laugh, taking her hand in his softly. "Let's go home. Shall we, mí lady?" The girl nods, tightening her grasp. She leans in slowly, heart beating heavily as she pulls him into a kiss.

With soft breaths leaving their mouths as they pull away, gaze set upon each other and hearts beating loudly. "We shall."

▬▬▬▬

The worried look in the old woman's face only increased, nose scrunched with worry and eyes filled with concern. Her husband held to her tightly and assuringly, holding her close as he embraced her. "Mahal, I'm here. I'm sure Camilo is with her, she's safe," Señor Roel whispered softly, caressing the woman's arm.

His wife simply took a deep breath in, nodding as she looked at him with loving eyes. "I wouldn't know what to do without you."

"Mamá, papá," the voice immediately made the couple perk up, breaking their embrace as they looked at the girl in front of them. Señora Gracia's lightened up with joy and relief, the overwhelming worry now drifting away as she rushed to the girl, pulling her in a tight embrace.

"Dios, are you okay?" The old woman asked, voice as gentle as her warm hug. "I am, please don't worry. Just a bit tired, but Camilo found me," [name] answered, not hesitating to return the hug.

Gracia's smiled, pulling away gently, cupping the girl's face softly. "I'm glad. Would you want me to heat up the pandesals I baked or do you want to rest?" [name] chuckled, gently placing her hand on the old woman's wrist, leaning onto her touch. "I'd love to eat. Hopefully, with you and papá."

The girl turns her gaze to the boy in front of her standing with the old man with a smile on his face. "And of course, that Madrigal right there." Gracia simply laughs, removing her hands away from the girl's cheeks. "We'll always be with you, hija. Now, let's go eat."

Camilo perked up, slightly jolting at the mention of his name. "Ah, actually," he spoke. "Mamá needs me home already. She doesn't even know I snuck out." The girl laughed, nudging him lightly with her shoulder. "Troublemaker," she whispered.

Camilo grinned, returning the playful gesture back. "Anything for you." Garcia nodded at the boy. "Alright! But here, we baked a lot. Take some home for your familia, sí?" The old woman handed him a wooden bag filled with baked pandesals, a hand on his shoulder as the woman smiled at him.

"Take care, chico," [name] mumbled, slipping her hand in his softly. Camilo smiles to himself, taking notice on how her hand fits perfectly with his. Like a coin slipping in a thin, narrow slot flawlessly. "I will, querida."

▬▬▬▬

Camilo learned through his mamá, who learned through her mamá, that people get reincarnated as something beautiful. A butterfly, a flower, or a cloud that's shaped like a flower.

The boy smiled to himself giddily, mouth ajar with his teeth showing. He joyfully skipped through the streets of encanto, his home. With the moon arise and stars sprawled throughout the nightsky as though it was its canvas.

"Oh, abuelo," he sighed swooningly, setting his gaze upon the bright moon that looked down on him gracefully. "If only you could meet her," the boy says, running his hand through his hair with a smile.

"She's a dream, a paradisiacal dream," he mutters, musing at the thought. The thought of her; and her alone. "What a woman."

His loving gaze fell upon two doves by the bridge where he leaned on. "She's the beauty in the dead of night, the brightest star to ever shine in the entire cosmos, the only art I'd ever look at in a museum, the other half of my soul."

His words halt for a moment, "I feel like a galaxy full of stars erupt inside me whenever I see her. I feel too much, too much of it and for her only."

He sighs, tapping the top of the cold cobblestoned bridge with his fingers repeatedly. His touch as light as a falling leaf in autumn. "How could I exactly not?"

His lips are pursed, gently gnawing the inside of his cheek. His loud (some were silent) thoughts wanted to burst from his mind, yet not a single word left his lips.

Camilo was never one to fall in love. And yet his world changed. His once dull world changed because of her.

Her touch that set his heart ablaze akin to the fervent flames the sun scorched his skin with; like dawn greeting a night sky from its deep slumber, she woke him up from a world he was lost in.