A prize for rotten judgement.

“It couldn’t be,” I whispered, tracing the slightly wet rim of the glass cup that was placed in front of me

“It couldn’t be,” I whispered, tracing the slightly wet rim of the glass cup that was placed in front of me. “Something troubling you, chica?” Dolores, as expected, came to view.

“It’s three (3) in the morning,” I said, surprised to even see her awake this late. Maybe I woke her up? “And yet here you are,” she chuckled lightly, walking up to me. “So,” she muttered, “Is there something wrong?”

“Not at all,” I respond, a sigh leaving my lips. “In love?” She asked, glancing at me with a giggle following her words right after.

I perk up at the word, directing my attention to her with a baffled look. “I don’t know,” I sigh, “It couldn’t be.” It felt too.. fast. “Who’s the lucky guy?” She asked, a slight grin on her face.

I groan, head hung low as I slowly thought to myself. “Gossiping this early?” Isabela said, cutting off my thoughts as she appeared near the doorway of the kitchen.

“Good morning,” I muttered, silently thinking to myself. “Is it a certain someone that has been troubling you?” Isabela lightly chuckled, sitting in front of Dolores and I.

“Tea?” Dolores asked, offering a cup filled to its rim with the said beverage. “Gracías,” Isabela nodded, taking a sip.

I sigh, begrudgingly nodding as I glanced at the two of them who had their eyes set on me. “But maybe I’m wrong,” I chuckled nervously, looking away as I sunk in denial. “Ay, who do you think you're fooling!” Isabela laughed, Dolores humming right after in agreement.

“You can’t keep it hidden,” Dolores whispered. “We can see how you look at him.” Isabela nodded, a grin on her face as her mischievous gaze never left. “We know you feel!” Isabela laughed teasingly.

“You’ve got it wrong,” I laugh, nose scrunching at the ridiculous thought of it. “You swoon with joy every time he calls you that,” Dolores says, taking a sip from her porcelain cup with a smile on her face. “Right! Why try denying it?” The other Madrigal agreed, resting her chin on her palm as she let out an exasperated sigh.