~welcome to the neighborhood~

From that day, It would seem that Steven child just couldn't get enough of you two.

First he'd visit you about once every few weeks, to ask you a few questions, some to help you remember your past and most to just get to know you both better.

The only things you both seemed to remember was your gem types and fleeting fragments of your memories of the past.

Of course he sympathized with you and made promises of helping you regain your memories. In the meantime, he offered his upmost hospitality and assistance in making sure your stay was as comfortable as possible until then.

Of course Centipeedle was naturally skeptical of the organic boy's kindness, believing it was some type of trick to get her to lower her guard. She only tolerated him because not only did he bring you both snacks to munch on during the day, but you seemed to have grown attached to the child for some reason.

It was likely because he was still quite young, triggering something within you that drew you to him or perhaps how innocent and naive he seemed when he spoke about most things (Typically with his sadness at how snakes have no limbs) but regardless, you'd often engage with him and learn about him and his escapades, while Centi laid back, occasionally listening in on the conversations you'd have with him.

So far, you've learned that he is a part of a team that protects earth and he, surprisingly enough, is a gem as well as he had a pink gem right in his navel. A rose quartz gem it appeared to be.

He overall was quite a pleasant person to be around. His aura was so bright and warm and his cheeriness was just so contagious, that even Centi found herself warming up to the kid.

....if only he was more careful with his visits...

Because one day, during your mid-morning nap...

Gasp "It's the-!"

"Shhhh! Pearl, keep your voice down."

"But- It-.... what's it doing back here?! I thought it was scared off by steven's mini fridge!?"

"Guys, please it's not what you think..!"

You were once again stirred awake by the sound of voices sounding from somewhere beside your nest. However... alongside steven's... there were three more distinct voices. Three female voices to be precise.

"Oh no...!" You heard Centi whimper, her coil around you tightening as she was the first one to snap her head up at the unfamiliar presences... "not you again!"

Not who again?

Tiredly, you open your eyes and, to your alarm, you found there was a trio of unfamiliar gems at your nest.

One was tall and thin with peach hair done in a slicked back pixie cut, and a large oval gem in the center of her forehead. She must have been the pearl, judging by her pointed nose. She looked absolutely mortified at you for some reason, and was even more alarmed at seeing you peeking out from Centi's coils.

The other was short and purple, with a long mane of white hair that grazed the ground, and draped over her one eye. Her 6 facet barely visible from behind her shirt. She looked puzzled but alert, as if she didn't know what to make of you. You squinted at her, carefully studying her partially hidden gemstone.  You may not remember much, but you could swear they weren't this short.

The last one, and probably most intimidating to you, was a tall gem that was just about taller than the pearl, with a cubic afro and a shiny pair of visors you couldn't see through, thus making her expression unreadable. But you sensed the air of defense about her as she stood with her fists clenched.