CHAPTER 20

SATURDAY IT IS

A couple of weeks passed, and Ellie was with James on the rooftop

A couple of weeks passed, and Ellie was with James on the rooftop. She was reading a book about planes, and James was reading a book as well.

Whenever Ellie found something interesting in her book, she would write about it in her little notebook. She didn't put ink in books, as a rule.

James, on the other hand, wrote and scribbled notes on the pages of the book he was reading.

When Ellie noticed it, she gasped, "what are you doing?"

He smiled at her, "I just liked this part"

"No, I mean, why do you write there!"

"You mean, my annotations?" he said, "just some thoughts or feelings I want to put in the book, so when I read it again, I can also read what I was thinking and feeling the first time I read the book" he explained.

She mused and nodded, "that makes a lot of sense" she said, "by the way, what are you reading?" she asked.

"The three musketeers," he said.

"You like fiction, then?" she asked

"Yes" he said, and she nodded, "I'm guessing you dont?"

"Not really," she shrugged.

He gasped dramatically and she let out a laugh, "I will make it my mission to change that" he said, and she looked at him.

"Really?" she asked, narrowing her eyes playfully.

"Definitely" he said, and she shook her head, "hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Yes..."

"If I asked you on a date, would you say yes?" he asked, holding back his smile, a blush appearing on his cheeks

"I would" she said, smiling and fidgeting with her sleeves. She looked at him and he took a nervous breath.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Yes" she said, blushing.

"Yes, alright" he grinned, "are you free this Saturday?"

"Sure" she nodded.

"Can I pick you up at 5?"

"I'll give you my address" she smiled at him and he nodded happily.

"Great" he smiled, "Saturday it is"

✧✦✧

"FINALLY!" shouted Lori, "finally"

Ellie just laughed nervously. She and Lori were in her new apartment, eating pizza on the living room.

"He took his time" Lori added, "so, you must be nervous!"

"Who's nervous?" Howard asked, entering the apartment.

"Ellie is," said Lori.

"I shouldn't have given you a copy of the key," mumbled Ellie.

"But you did, because you love me so much and miss me so much" Howard said with a grin, "now, why are you nervous?"

Lori opened her mouth, but Ellie was faster, "nothing happened" she said and narrowed her eyes at Lori, who made a gesture of zipping her lips.

"Oh, I get it" said Howard, feigning offense, "you don't trust your brother anymore. No, no... I get it, you live alone now..." he added as he opened the door.

"You are so dramatic!" shouted Ellie at Howard.

"You hurt my feelings Eleanor!" he shouted back, closing the door.

Lori looked at Ellie, "now, let's talk about what you'll wear"

And Ellie genuinely smiled.