steve and bucky

Steve stared at his reflection in the mirror as he adjusted his tie. His hands were trembling uncharacteristically, and he took a deep breath to steady himself.

"You ready for this big guy?" Tony clapped him on the shoulder, appearing beside him. Steve blew out the breath he had been holding and dropped his head to his chest.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're not getting cold feet on us, are you?" Tony's brow creased in concern. From across the room, Harry's head shot up.

"Steve, please tell me-" Harry started in, but Steve just held up his hand to stop him.

"I have never been more ready, or scared, to do anything in my life," he admitted. "I've been waiting for this day for decades, and it's finally here. And I've got to admit-- it's intimidating."

Tony and Harry smiled, shooting a quick glance at one another.

"We'll be by your side the whole time, man," Tony reassured.

"Thank you," Steve replied, reaching up and squeezing Tony's shoulder in appreciation.

There was a knock at the door and Peter popped his head inside.

"It's time. They're ready for you Steve."

Steve took a deep breath and a smile slowly blossomed across his face as it sunk in what he was getting ready to do.

"Time to go get married."

*

The ceremony had been beautiful, but Harry and Pepper had outdone themselves on the reception. Despite Steve and Bucky's wishes to keep things simple, the venue was decked out from top to bottom. A fully stocked and tended bar sat in the corner, and Harry had outdone himself on the food.

A dance floor sat in the center of the room, filled with people that were dancing under the influence of a few too many drinks. Steve and Bucky were in the center of it all, permanent smiles on their faces.

"This is absolutely amazing. Congratulations to the both of you," Caroline congratulated as she hugged both Steve and Bucky.

"Thank you," Bucky replied. "Thank you for coming and for celebrating with us. We really appreciate it."

"Everyone has made us feel so loved today," Steve grinned, glancing at Bucky who leaned in for a kiss.

"Alright, alright, I think we've seen enough of that today," Tony joked, making his way over to the two of them. Bucky rolled his eyes, but he was smiling.

"Mind if I steal the two of you for a moment? I've got a wedding present for you," Tony nodded his head towards the door.

"Sure," Steve slipped his hand in Bucky's and they followed Tony out of the room towards the elevator.

At their request, Tony had allowed them to use one of the event spaces in Stark Tower. It had been nice to have access to the space for the days leading up to the wedding to prepare, and there was comfort in knowing they were close to home.

"So what's this wedding present that is so urgent that we're being pulled away from the reception?" Bucky inquired as Tony pressed a button in the elevator.

"And why are we going to the 89th floor? Isn't it under renovation?" Steve added.

"You two need to just relax and have faith in me," Tony replied, blowing off both of their questions. Steve and Bucky shot one another a concerned look.

A moment later, the elevator dinged softly, and the doors opened.

"Welcome to your new home," Tony stepped out of the elevator and opened his arms, revealing a newly remodeled penthouse.