- XXVIII -

Opening his mouth before he could overthink it and change his mind, Harry spoke.

"I want to talk to Loki."

*

"We're going to be right outside, okay? Holler if you need anything," Tony gave Harry's hand a light and reassuring squeeze.

"Okay, thank you," Harry nodded. "I know you're not the biggest Loki fan, but thank you for putting your grudges aside for me. It means a lot."

"I'd move mountains for you kiddo," Tony winked, and Peter nodded.

"He can literally move mountains, I've seen him do it," the spider-ling confirmed. Harry chuckled at seeing the serious look on Peter's face, and the smirk that was playing at Tony's lips.

"I will take your word for it," Harry giggled, readjusting himself in bed, attempting to get more comfortable. Earlier, one of his physical therapists had been in working with him. Today, they had walked down the hall and back (painfully slowly, he might add), and he was ridiculously sore from walking just the short distance.

"Do you need anything before we go? Like another pillow or blanket? Here, I can get you another pillow-" Peter began fussing, but Harry just held up his hands.

"I'm okay Pete, just sore from my walk earlier. It's okay," Harry told him, grabbing at his hand.

"I'm going to go out to the hall. Let me know if you need anything, okay?" Tony announced, and both boys nodded.

"There was something I wanted to officially ask you," Peter began, clearing his throat nervously. "I was going to wait until tomorrow for your birthday, but I know that inevitably, Tony is going to trump whatever I give you, or ask you, so..."

He faltered, licking his lips. Harry giggled at how nervous Peter was. He could fight crime single handedly on the street of New York, but he couldn't ask Harry a simple question that they both knew the answer to.

"Yes, Peter?" Harry teased, prodding the hero to continue.

"Would you... Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Peter blurted, inwardly groaning at how awkward he was.

"Peter, I mean you no offense here, but I kind of already assumed we were dating," Harry giggled, watching as a blush spread across Peter's cheeks.

"So... is that a yes?"

With a grin, Harry cupped Peter's face and pulled him into a deep kiss.

Finally, after moments that felt like eternities, Harry pulled away, smiling coyly up at Peter, who look dumbstruck and speechless.

"Yes Petey, that's a yes."

"Finally!" A voice cried from outside the doors to Harry's room. Both boys burst out laughing as the face of a guilty looking Tony Stark appeared in the door's small window.

The door cracked open and the ashamed billionaire stepped in. "Sorry, didn't mean to eavesdrop, it's just, holy shit you two, I've been waiting for fucking ever!"

Peter and Harry laughed until tears began rolling down their faces. Harry didn't remember the last time he had laughed this hard. Been truly this happy.

Finally, several minutes later, he and Peter had settled down once more, and Tony was leaning against the wall with ease.

But a knock at the door brought everyone back to reality.

"Hey you," Natasha peeked her head in, giving Harry a genuine smile, eyes crinkling in the corners.

"Tasha!" Harry exclaimed, sitting up. He knew that Nat was here with Clint, Thor and Loki, and that he was going to be alone in a room with the god of mischief soon, but at the moment, he was just excited to see her.