- VIII -

(A/N: Hello! Just popping in here for a moment to remind everyone that Harry does not yet know that Clint, Natasha, Tony, Bruce or Steve are Avengers! This is an important thing to note for the next few chapters because Harry will begin to notice things and get curious about everyone.

Also, for those of you that are here from Lunar Eclipse, I'm so sorry I'm being slow on updating that story, it's just that writing fluff is so hard when you're not in the right mood, and I want to make it perfect for everyone that's reading! Anyway, thanks for reading, and enjoy!)

*

Harry nodded as the elevator doors dinged and opened up, revealing a huge living area. Standing in the middle of the open kitchen and living room was the entire team, a 'welcome home Harry' banner hanging from the ceilings. Balloons were tied to the backs of the barstools along the island in the center of the kitchen, and Pepper had made cupcakes which were perched upon the marble countertop.

"Welcome home kid."

And for the first time ever, Harry felt as if he was actually home.

*

"You... you did all of this for me?" Harry asked quietly, looking up to look at Tony who was standing over him.

"Of course kid, you're part of the family now," Tony replied, shrugging it off as if it was no big deal. But to Harry, it was a big deal. Nobody had ever celebrated his birthday-- sure, he had gotten cards and simple gifts from some friends at Hogwarts, but usually they were intercepted by the Dursley's and destroyed.

"You didn't have to go through all this trouble..." Harry began, feeling guilty. This must have taken them a few hours to prepare for, and he knew that everyone here had more important things to do than to plan a welcome home party for him, someone they barely knew.

"Please," Tony waved his hand at Harry's statement, "Pepper had a blast putting all of this together. Now let's go!"

He pushed Harry's wheelchair towards where everyone was gathered around.

"Can I get you anything to drink Harry?" Pepper asked, fluttering around the kitchen excitedly. Tony chuckled, thinking of how different Pepper was acting now versus how she did at work. It was like Pepper Potts at work was a completely different person than Pepper Potts at home.

"I'm alright, thank you," Harry responded quietly.

"He'll take a water," Bruce told Pepper, who began fixing Harry a glass of water. "Need to stay hydrated."

"I- I can get it myself, it's okay," Harry answered quickly.

"Oh don't be silly. This is your party, you just sit and relax," Pepper said, placing a glass of ice water in front of Harry.

Harry's hands began to shake, partially because of the nerve damage he had suffered, but partially because of panic. Everyone was here, watching him and treating him like part of the family, but he wondered if it was because they were trying to guilt him into doing something he didn't want to do. They didn't seem like the type of people to do something like that, but then again, neither did some of the men that Vernon had loaned him out to.

"Harry?" Clint asked, taking a swig out of a beer bottle, Natasha glaring at him enviously.

"I'm sorry," Harry blurted, habit taking over. Everyone went silent for a moment, looking down at their drinks. But Steve kept his eyes on Harry.

"I was just asking what you decided to watch tonight?" Steve repeated patiently. His voice was soft, as not to startle the quivering boy anymore.

"Oh, um, the Titanic sir," Harry mumbled.