- LIII -

(A/N: I just want to issue a small trigger warning on this chapter for self harm and suicidal thoughts, so if you're sensitive to either topic, be aware and know that someone is always there to help [including me, if you need].)

*

"Harry!" Peter exclaimed with the pure excitement of a three year old as he leapt over the back of the couch and plopped down beside his boyfriend.

"What's up with you today?" Harry giggled, not bothering to hide his amusement.

"Tomorrow is Halloween! It's my third favorite holiday- behind Christmas and Thanksgiving, of course," he explained, practically vibrating with joy and anticipation.

Harry tensed. He had forgotten about Halloween.

"I'm a Christmas guy, myself," Steve smiled as he entered the room, two mugs of hot chocolate in hand. Carefully, he set them on the table in front of both teens.

"Surprised it's not the Fourth of July," snorted Nat from the kitchen counter. Steve shot her an exasperated look, but his eyes held no malice.

"Harry, are you alright? You went all pale," Peter asked, brows furrowing with concern.

"Yeah. M'fine," Harry shook his head, reaching for the mug of hot chocolate. But his hand didn't quite wrap itself all the way around the handle, and the steaming liquid sloshed all over the pure white carpet.

"Shit," he hissed, setting the mug back down and waving his hand at the carpet, vanishing the stain.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Peter asked, cupping Harry's face in his hands as Harry drew in a shaky breath.

"It's nothing, I'll be fine," Harry replied, shaking his head in attempt to will away the panic that was welling up in his chest and throat.

"You'll be fine? Implying that you're not fine now. Harry, please, what's wrong?" Peter searched Harry with his eyes before glancing to Steve and Nat, who were passing worried looks between one another.

"Please don't push me," Harry whimpered, curling in on himself. A pang of guilt stabbed at Peter's chest as Harry turned away from him.

Steve stepped towards the couch.

"Peter," he began, but the teen had already risen to his feet.

"I- I'm sorry," Peter choked, emotion settling in the his throat. "Ex-excuse me."

He quickly exited the room, taking off down the hallway towards the bathroom.

"I'll get Harry, you go get Peter," Nat spoke softly, and Steve nodded, retreating down the hall after Peter.

"I'm sorry," Harry cried, flinching as Natasha took a seat on the couch beside him. "I-I Didn't mean to-to upset Peter."

"It's okay hon, it's not your fault. It's nobody's fault," Natasha placed a gentle hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Halloween is when my parents were killed," Harry blurted, and Nat closed her eyes as it all sunk in.

"I-I forgot that it was coming up. With everything, I've been so- so busy," Harry stammered. "How could I forget?"

"You were happy. It's not your fault, Harry. You don't need to feel bad," she soothed.

"It'll be 15 years," Harry murmured. "15 years ago my life went from good to bad. And I don't even remember the good."

"Oh Harry," Natasha was at a loss for words.

"It's alright, I just... forgot. How could I forget?"