Sometimes a 'thanks' is best

AN: I decided that I like the First Person pov so A LOT of the chapters are gonna be in this format.

(Sara's POV)
Morning are my least favorite part of the day. Some think about it as a new start, but I feel like it's more the ending. When you wake up you reminisce on everything that has happened the day before, then you start to wonder what the new day has in store for you. I don't really know when the day strays though. Definitely before noon, but a little after you wake, when you truly wake. Maybe when you leave your home is when the day begins. But what do I know? With that, my day had not begun yet.

I wake up in the dorm. It's cold here. I wish it was more like home. There, it may be cold but you feel warm. It's like having a blanket around you at all times, but here, here it's not. In the dorms it's like having your naked body ducked into a frozen river. But there is one thing that provides warmth. Felice. She's the coat I wear as I'm being brought up to the river. I want to keep the coat as long as I can. But I feel myself reaching to take the coat off. I know I need to take it off, but I just want to hold onto it. I cant let it go. I like the coat.

———

I heard there was going to be a movie night at the school again. The first time me and Simon went he ran of and made out with the prince so who knows what tonight has in store for me. I was happy when Felice invited me the first time. Maybe that was when we became friends, when she invited me. But that couldn't compare to this time. A few days ago, she came to me and talked about the night. She told me and only me, not me and Simon, but just me that she wanted me to come.

I was ecstatic. I mean who wouldn't be? The person I look up to asked me to go. I of course said yes to going, but then she told me that all the other girls were going. It makes since why they would go, it is there school too. But something about learning they were going with us just hurt. We'll hurt during the moment.

It's a movie after all so it not like we're all gonna be talking. If anything me and Felice will be sitting next to each other the whole time, just us. Maybe something more could happen. God I hope so. I would do anything for that.

———

The day has finally come, but not fast enough. The hours felt like eternity. Especially the hours I spent with her. It's like time was trying to taunt me.

We were in the library; me, Felice, and Maddison. We thought we would all meet up there then after go up to Maddison's dorm and get ready with the other girls. Last movie night they had beautiful glittery makeup that would make you go blind from how much it shimmered. I wanted that. I want to be like them with their beautiful clothes, their beautiful makeup, their beautiful lives. I want to be them.

The clock strikes seven, and the movie begins. It's an American film about a woman dealing with her grief that manifests itself into demons in her home. I don't know if anyone understood it though. Maybe Felice, she tends to understand most things in life. By the end of the movie we were both crying.

"That was beautiful" I say under my breath as a single tear runs down my check.

"It was" Felice says "hey can I show you something?" She asks with a beautiful grin that could light up a room, a smile that makes the world seem slower and all you can focus on is her, a grin that makes me happy on her face. Blush takes over my face, and all I can say is a simple "sure".  She takes me hand and stands up, dragging me up with her. Then she takes me away from the library.

"So what exactly did you want to show me?" I ask as we walk through the halls, our hands still together.

"You'll have to wait to see!" She says with excitement in her voice. She does that more frequently than she used to. I think it's crazy how she went from thinking i was just the annoying girl that rode her horse, to being her best friend, but one day, hopefully, maybe more then friends. Some weird things happened that night at the party, but Ike thankful that Trish happened.

"Ok close your eyes" she says as we stop at a window. I didn't realize that this was the window Simon and Wilhelm first kissed. Maybe its like the magical love window or something. Hopefully it works for us.

I follow her commands and closes my eyes. When she tells me to open them I she her holding a small white box wrapped with a silver ribbon. She hands it to me and tells me to open it. I undo the delicate bow tied with the ribbon to pull back the top of the box to see a small, golden heart-shaped locket on a thin gold chain.

My eyes light up when I open the locket to see a small photo of me and her. "It's so we can always be together" she said as she pulls one just like the one in my hand out of her shirt.

I pull her into a hug, a warm hug that fills you with happiness, and whisper "thank you". 

"No problem, your my best friend!" She says back.
The hug slowly breaks apart and I'm faced with her. My chance has finally come. But right before I can lean in I feel her hand on me check, then the other, and before I knew it her lips crash onto mine.  I'm to stunned to do anything, but Ben kiss back. She quickly breaks away and backs up.

"I'm so sorry" she says, her eyes become glossy and she runs away wiping her face.

"No wait" I say, but she's already gone. I had the chance to kiss her, and I fucked up. Jesus this night couldn't get worse. Trails of tears begin to make their way on my checks and my eyes turn red. I'm left standing there, my eyes pouring and the necklace still in my hand. I take a seat at the window before I begin to sob. This night can get any worse, right? Wrong.

Before I knew it here comes Simon and his perfect life with his perfect boyfriend.  They make love look so effortless.

What I thought would be the perfect night turned out to be the worst night of my entire life. I look down at the locket. I wish we were together right now.

IM BACK FROM THE DEAD BITCHES😍💕💅💖 I know I haven't posted in a while cuz I've been a baddie and been doing hot girl shit. Anyways more chapters are gonna be coming soon. STREAM LAUREL HELL BY MITSKI!!!!!! Ok by pussy queens🥺💕

"I love you"On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara