𝐢𝐢. aunt katya

02 | AUNT KATYA

"Harry this is absurd. He's a stranger that suddenly claimed to be your cousin, what proof does he have that you are related?!" Hermione questioned, clearly outraged by the news.

It has already been days since Harry had met Lucian, and the two had immediately connected. Harry had been permitted to use McGonagall's fireplace to floo call his cousin, to which the Head of Gryffindor happily allowed.

Harry had been fascinated by Lucian and had been told that McGonagall had known him since he was eight. Although Harry was quite jealous, he immediately stopped feeling it once he was told that McGonagall was introduced to Lucian after his father had died.

Lucian Potter was five years older than him and attended Durmstrang Institute. He was half Russian, courtesy of his mother, and was currently living in Russia since his mother had trouble moving on from her husband's death.

His uncle, Altair Potter, was James Potter's older first cousin, making him and Lucian second cousins. Altair was a few years older than James and had died a few years after his cousins death in a dreaded tragedy.

Harry had noticed the pattern that their grandparents had started. Fleamont Potter ― Harry's grandfather ― was the younger brother of Charlus Potter, who was the lord to their family. Thus, Lucian was currently Lord Potter for being born from the eldest.

"He looks like me. Has my last name. Is the lord of my family house. McGonagall has known him since he was eight, and even held me as a baby. He gave me a picture of him holding me as a baby too!" Harry glared at Hermione, who looked afronted for it.

"Hermione, he even suggested a blood test just to assure me! No fraud is willing to do that!" Harry had been rather surprised when Lucian had even offered to take them to Gringgots ― with McGonagall, to take a test that would prove their relation.

Lucian seemed to assume that he was cautious of their relation, although that was true, every single bit of doubt vanished the moment Lucian came close to him. A deep kinship between them that he no doubt knew was the family magic Lucian had mentioned. It was as if he had been missing something his whole life, and it seemed have become complete the moment he had stepped into that office.

"But― But―" Hermione turned red from embarrassment at the confirmation, which even McGonagall had done. "He could still be dangerous! You've never met him before."

Harry scoffed, "If he was dangerous, professor McGonagall wouldn't be praising him and constantly assuring me that he's a good person. For Merlin's sake Hermione, he's even willing to move from Russia to Britain just to make me comfortable."

Hermione bit her lip, unable to fight back any more. Clearly, Harry's cousin was clear of any animosity, and was genuinely willing to take him in and care for him. So why was she so desperate to tell him otherwise?

"But, Harry mate, why didn't he come for you earlier? Doesn't that seem suspicious." Ron added, trying to plant doubt inside the supposed chosen one.

Harry rolled his eyes, leaning back on the compartment chair and sighing. "My uncle Altair died when he was a child, and my Aunt Katerina was devastated. She couldn't stand being on British soil because it was her husband's motherland― along with how Dumbledore told them I was safe."

"But you are!"

Harry grit his teeth at that. He wasn't safe with the dursleys. He wasn't even safe in Hogwarts. So where else would he go? He had family that were hidden from him, family that has been lied to when it came to his well being. How could he even stand to stay still and obey Dumbledore when the old man would send him back to the hell hole known as Privet Drive.