𝐯. - hogwarts and durmstrang

05 | HOGWARTS AND DURMSTRANG

"If ever you are in trouble, just use this. You remember how to use it right?" Lucian gestured to the rectangular mirror Harry was wiping.

"Yup. Say revelare and then your name. Wait, can I also contact Aunt Katya through this?" Harry gently waved the enchanted mirror. It has been a gift sent to him on his birthday, and the name was unfamiliar. That is until Lucian had chuckled and explained it was from Rigel Lestrange, his cousin's godbrother— who apparently was an eccentric young man who was obsessed with creating things based of muggle devices to keep them updated.

Harry was pleasantly surprised when the mirror worked like a telephone, but powered by runes and carefully placed magic stones. The mirror allowed you to converse with someone who also had said mirror, but could also reflect said person's face during the call. It was extraordinary from what Harry thought.

Both were getting ready to use a portkey to the king's cross. Which was permitted, considering the British ministry knew of their circumstances.

No one had dared to cross Lucian, considering not only was he Lord Potter but he was also currently the heir to a major business that the British have been using to connect with Russia. Getting on his bad side meant ruining negotiations between the Voronin business.

"Of course! Matushka and I always carry communication mirrors. Waiting for letters is often too tedious or the process of delivery is too long." Lucian yawned, he has gotten exceptionally early just to see his cousin. "Rigel did a good jobe with this when he made it in our fifth year. Enchanted mirrors are not unheard of, but his creation... Has special features. It cane show you the date and time, and you can install a password." He explained, looking around for his mother.

The woman was descending the stairs, already dressed but looked exceptionally sleepy. She smiled at the boys, walking towards Harry as she planted a soft kiss to his forehead. "Call me if you if you need anything, if something's wrong, or you just want to talk. I will always make time for you."

Harry couldn't help but blush at the bombard of affection.

Katerina was slowly gaining the courage to step back into Britain. She thought of Harry, her dear nephew, just to do so. It has already been ten years since the death of Altair Potter, and she would not be cowardly any longer.

"Now let us go. The ship to Durmstrang Castle will be arriving in an hour and a half."

"Right. There's a three-hour time difference between here and Britain." Harry mused, giving Lucian an apologetic grin. His cousin was adjusting to him, and although it made him feel guilty, he appreciated it.

"Yes, yes." He yawned. "Now, the portkey is right here."

The next thing they knew, Harry was already close to collapsing from the horrific sensation of the portkey. Lucian chuckled, offering him the same honey-like potion.

"Luka... About my friends." Harry trailed off. He was reminded of their conversation during the summer, which helped Harry quite a lot.

"Ah, Ms. Granger and Mr. Weasley. Well, do be careful. As you've said, neither have been quite honest as to why they have been friends with you. Remember, fame comes with many disadvantages Hades, that includes having multiple trust issues."