𝐢𝐢𝐢. - family magic

03 | FAMILY MAGIC

Lucian Potter has always been a peculiar case. He was the first child of Altair Potter, Charles Potter's son. Since birth, Lucian had always been a peculiar child.

His magic, usually grey for the family, was purely that. Grey, a completely grey core that did not borderline to either dark or light. Even Altair was borderline dark while James was leaning towards the light.

Since childhood, he had always been favored by their ancestral magic. Allowing him to access books and artifacts that the previous generations of his family couldn't even touch. Yet he could do so since childhood.

As the current main family of Peverell, passing down family rituals, preparations for headships and some family secrets were often done at a young age. Lucian had begun his classes a small period before the deaths of his uncle and aunt.

But their deaths only solidified their beliefs of rushing it all. Altair had only lasted a few years after his cousin's death, and thankfully, there was no more he could teach. Although if he did miss certain information, there was the Peverell and Potter grimoire that Lucian accessed.

People often commented on how he was the perfect mix of the three families he was born from. Altair was the same but showed more of the Potter than the Blacks. On the other hand, his son was a perfect balance between the Altair and Katerina's family.

Potter, Black, and Voronin.

Although the most prominent of the Voronin Bloodline Lucian inherited was their signature amber eyes.

But there was a permanent fact about Lucian... Death enjoyed following him.

"Again, I have no idea if reincarnation was a good choice." He grumbled, glancing at the giant dementor-like figure following him around.

Death was rather possessive over his alleged masters. Although no one could truly master a deity― the title of Master of Death was usually given to a Peverell deemed to be the deity's companion.

The unfortunate one to be chosen as Death's new companion was none other than Lucian Potter, who was not unfamiliar with the feeling of death's embrace, this wasn't his first life. Although Lucian could never forget his first life, no matter the cost. He was cursed to remember his death.

"Regaining all my memories by the time I was five was already cruel. Damnit, you should have just given me all of it when I was born." He grumbled, taking out a book from a shelf and stacking it on the other books that floated behind him.

"Don't be too upset. It was to die and live again, or never die until your role has been fulfilled. Fate will not let you rest until achieved your goal."

Lucian clicked his tongue, doing his best to not look at Death. The Peverell family magic was tied to death, and he simply was conflicted about his birth. In his past life, his mother was a Peverell, the last to carry the last name until she had married his former father.

However, Lucian had used the name Peverell in his past life rather than his father's surname. It was a bit too dangerous for him. His mother, in his past life, was the last Peverell to carry the name, but as she got married, she was forced to take on her husband's name. Lucian's past self had chosen to use his mother's maiden rather than his father's surname. Be it for his own safety or spite out of the father who failed to raise him as a son.