𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. - protective crow

08 | PROTECTIVE CROW

Informing his cousin about the dementors did not seem like a bad idea until he did it. Once he had activated the mirror, he had seen his dear cousin along with an unfamiliar young man.

Then he found out the boy was Rigel Lestrange, the son of two death eaters. Harry was quite hesitant to meet his cousin's friend, but upon seeing the excited and childish grin he wore in the mirror, he relaxed somewhat.

"WHAT?!"

He flinched as Lucian looked utterly furious at what he was told. Harry knew what dementors were after Lucian had encouraged him to scour the library in Potter château. Which allowed him to experience the intense curiosity that he had suppressed for the sake of his know alleged friend; Hermione Granger.

"Er... I Uhm... They kinda also got on the train when we were going to Hogwarts, and I... It got do close to me and made me faint." He explained, which was extremely difficult as Lucian turned pale before rage took over.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?! Hades, Dementors aren't supposed to be in such close vicinity to people, especially a school full of children! Hogwarts is a feast to them with young magical souls gathered in that castle."

Harry frowned as he nodded in agreement. The dementor incident in the train was horrendous, and he had constantly forgotten to inform Lucian with all the classes and pestering duo he had to juggle.

"Are you hurt? How close did the dementor get? Damnit― you're a Peverell, they must have gotten curious."

"What's that got to do with our family?"

This time, it was Rigel who spoke, pushing himself just for the mirror to give Harry a full view of the young man. "Your family is deeply connected to Death. Dementors are magical creatures of death, so a Peverell tends to be the cause of curiosity. You from the family that has a relation to their creator."

"Good point." Harry sighed, checking on the rest of his roommates that were still in the common rooms. "Wait what time is it over there? It's already around six in the evening here."

"It's seven in the evening here. Back to the topic, did someone cast a Patronus?" Lucian asked, looking distressed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"A what?" Harry tilted his head, finding the word familiar.

"The Patronus charm summons a guardian of light that takes the form of an animal depending on the castor. The incantation is expecto patronum." Lucian explained, taking out his wand and silently whispering the spell. A glowing animal, which Harry had trouble discerning appeared from the tip of his wand, before vanishing.

"Yes! There was one, thanks to our new defense teacher riding on the train. We have classes with him tomorrow."

"Thank goodness then. Hades, I need you to contact Matushka and tell her what has happened. I can't handle the situation since I'm still at school, and it's my NEWTs year. Mother can help." Lucian suggested― insisted as he gave Harry a determined stare.

Sputtering at the suggestion, Harry looked hesitant. From his experience, telling adults about the bad things happening around him never meant well... But his Aunt Katya wasn't that poor excuse Petunia.