𝐢𝐯. - escape of sirius black

04 | ESCAPE OF SIRIUS BLACK

Lucian took in a deep breath, before pushing the door open with a bright grin. His beloved little cousin, finally having a good night's sleep after suffering in a cupboard for a decade, slept peacefully in his luxurious bed.

Well, until Lucian decided to open the curtains and shed some light into the room.

"Happy 13th birthday little Lev!"

Harry groaned as he rolled to his side, hiding behind his covers, and yelled a muffled "go away." to his cousin.

Lucian sighed, "For Morgana's sake, this is the third time I have to do this to someone." He whispered, pulling Harry's blanket off him, and dragging the boy by the foot. He was not going to deal with his mother's over-excited self at celebrating his cousin's birthday. Yes he was absolutely delighted to celebrate his cousin's birthday, but he was not willing to deal with how overbearing his mother would get with such an extravaganza. Thankfully, he had gotten it under control before invitations were sent out.

"Matushka practically prepared a feast. And, Nickie was rather happy to start baking you a cake. I did choose a good elf for you after all."

Nickie was the little elf that was assigned to Harry. He was quite disgruntled about getting one, but he felt better at the fact that Nickie was rather young, and was rather compliant to him. Harry was still adjusting to life as a wealthy young master and a house elf has made him uneasy. His only experience with house elves was Dobby and Harry just knew that said elf was completely odd compared to the rest.

Descending to the dining hall, Harry rubbed the sleep from his eyes, only to gawk at the food displayed for him. Pancakes, treacle tart, and even more food that isn't supposed to be for breakfast were on the table.

"Oh! Little Lev, congratulations on turning thirteen. I've already planned the whole day out, and we start with visiting the dragon sanctuary after breakfast." Katerina proudly announced, causing Harry to choke on his tart.

"D-Dragons?!"

Katerina grinned, "Yes of course. When my Luka was thirteen, I brought him to the dragon sanctuary in Moscow. They are very interesting creatures Harry, and you are a parselmouth are you not?"

Harry hesitantly nodded. Lucian had been informed by McGonagall of his peculiar skill, which neither his aunt nor cousin minded. He was relieved that Russia had no problem with abilities such as parseltongue, considering how the Russian magical world had certain talents similar to the ability to speak to serpents.

But the thought of dragons made Harry's mind drift to his first year. He wondered if Norbert the dragon was doing well, and whether or not Charlie Weasley was handling the Norwegian ridgeback properly.

"I smuggled a dragon out of Hogwarts once." Harry murmured, thinking that no one has heard. Lucian, however, has choked on his meal and stared at his cousin. Harry was also nervously sweating, glancing at Katerina who, thankfully, was far to focused on the thought of her dragon to hear her nephew's little comment.

"Ah... So she wasn't lying." Lucian grumbled, a strained grin upon his countenance.

"Hm... Perhaps you can speak to the dragons with it. Oh, that will be interesting. I do wonder what has Everett been talking about me."

"Who's Everett?" Harry turned to Lucian.

"Everett is a dragon Matushka is very fond of. A female Hungarian horntail. Rather vicious, especially now that's she's a mother." Lucian fondly remembered the dragon, who had spat out a puff of smoke at him when he was the same age as Harry. "Matushka found Everett when she was a young dragon, meaning she was around ten human years old. She's an adult now, and recently her eggs had hatched."