Chapter 11

America's POV:

I woke up groggy, very groggy. Then within a few seconds everything came back to me, I smiled at the thought of him being so near and saw the sun shine through the window, it made me excited as I could turn this day into whatever I wanted to. I washed my face and brushed my hair and got dressed.

I crept downstairs and found Maxon burrowing into a stack of paperwork, his hair was a mess, a perfect mess. I loved his hair when it was like that.

"Good morning." I mumbled from the doorway.

He looked up, surprised and I smiled.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't hear you come down." he fumbled, collecting his papers as he stood up.

"Don't worry, what time is our flight today, Maxon?" I said, walking into the kitchen.

"2 o'clock, so we should leave here no later than noon." he said, following me.

"I'm looking forward to going back to the palace." "But Mom won't let us leave without breakfast." I said laughing, gesturing to the stove where several pans sizzled and multiple eggs were cracked.

Mom had breakfast ready faster than I had ever seen her prepare it.

"Maxon, would you like anything else? There's plenty more bacon." Mom said, getting up.

"No thank you, Mrs Singer. I'm very full."

"Yeah, Mom, I think he's had enough after you gave him three helpings before he even asked to be replenished." I said glaring at her, teasing.

"America! He's the Crown Prince of Illéa, do you think I'm going to let him leave my house hungry?" Mom said, exasperated, but she wasn't really because I saw her smile as she cleared the plates.

"Mom, Maxon and I are going upstairs to pack. I need all my dresses for returning to the palace." I said with a wink as I pulled Maxon out of the room.

"Thank you for the delicious breakfast, Mrs Singer. It was wonderful." Maxon called from the stairs.

"For goodness sake, call me Magda!" Mom shouted.

We ran upstairs laughing.

I pulled out my suitcase from the back of my wardrobe and tried my best to fold everything neatly. I put in some of my favourite pants and t-shirts at the bottom - who knows when I'll need some comfort? - and I folded my dresses the way my maids had taught me. Once I was done, my suitcase was bursting with lace and tulle in every color of the rainbow.

"Maxon, did you bring any luggage?" I asked, while I was sitting on my suitcase as Maxon was trying for the third time to zip it closed.

"Well, I have my briefcase with all my paperwork and business. And, one small duffle bag with a spare suit, tie and shirt." he said, satisfied that he had closed the suitcase.

I chuckled and went into the bathroom to change into the light blue dress we had picked for returning to the palace. We chose this one because we thought it suited my New Asian bracelet the best.

Maxon was sitting on the bed, reading one of my favourite books when I walked in. I went to my dresser and combed through my hair. I had decided to not do any extravagant updos with it, just leaving it trailing down my back.

"Ready to go?" I said, grabbing my suitcase.

Maxon nodded, smiling and set the book back down.

"Keep it." I said, "You won't want to put it down once you start it." 

Author's Note:

Hello my lovelies! How are you all? 

Here is the next update - how are you finding the story so far? Does it move too quick, too slow? Let me know. 

Thank you to the lovely people who commented on the last update and gave me their opinions, and to everyone who is so supportive, it's just so nice to get your feedback! 

I'll see you tomorrow for the next update! 

Have a wonderful day and stay fabulous <3

- J