Chapter 8: Society

"Sun!!" I called as I walked into the daycare, looking for him and Sandy. "Sun? Moon? Sandy?" All there was was silence. I crept around the daycare. Tip toeing, not to make any sound.

I heard a noise behind me and I turned.

"Boo!" Moon and Sandy jumped down from one of the play sets, making me almost jump out of my skin. My heart in my throat.

Sandy giggled, "We got you good~" and Moon chuckled.

"You guys suck," I panted, trying to catch my breath. "Here, for you guys." I held out my hand with the cloud, moon, and sun keychains.

Sandy took hers with joy and started running around. Moon just stared at the rest. "I thought you were mad at me . . ." He whispered, picking up the moon keychain.

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because I yelled at you, Y/N. I hid things from you."

I shook my head, giving him a slight smile. "You don't have to tell me anything."

"We want to tell you-" Moon started then froze.

"Moon?"

"Turn on the light," Moon said, but it wasn't Moon. No that voice was Sun's. I listened and I turned on the light. As soon as I turned around, Sun had already picked me up and placed his permanent mouth against my lips. Completely shocked by what just happened, Sun placed me back on the ground.

"I knew despite who Moon masks to be he won't be able to do it," he said turning his head to the side and placed his clenched hand in front of his mouth. My mind was still spinning after what he just did. "And I told him that if he didn't man up and do it, I was going to kiss you first."

"Does this mean you. . . ?"

Sun nodded. "We love you, Y/N. Despite all odds and us being a robot. We fell in love with you."

My eyes widened at those last words. Slowly I started shaking my head, tears falling down my face. "No you dont," I mumbled, putting on a fake smile and laughed. "No you don't. You're not capable of love. Even if it was part of your programming, there's no way. If there is it could've been anyone who took the job. Anyone instead of me. You'd love them, not me. Don't joke about something like that, Sun."

"Y/N, I'm not lying. Never would I lie about this. We do love you."

"Knock it off Sun!" I shouted, falling to my knees. "No you don't."

"Then tell me how whenever I see you, I'm as calm as an undisturbed lake? How when you laugh we both wished we had recorded it to play over and over again? How you show so much love and affection to the kids and make sure none are left out? How I dread the long hours working with the kids until I can be alone with you and Sandy? What feeling is that?"

"The excitement of having a new friend."

"Are you rejecting us?" Sun asked quietly, pain in his words.

"Look at us Sun," I gestured to our figures and how different they were. "You're a robot. We'd never be accepted in society. We'll be shunned and I could get fired and banned from this place. I'll never. . . see you again."

"Let's not listen to them!" Moon pitched in, however the body was still Sun's. "They just need to mind their own fucking business. We can hide it form everyone. We don't have to be open about it despite how much I want to jump onto the roof and tell the world how much I love you."

"You could be decommissioned. . ." I whispered, looking up at them in tears. "Why would you risk that?"

"We would risk anything," they said as they lowered down onto their knees and grabbed my hands. Both of them were talking now, their voices syncing in harmony. "I would sacrifice the world for you. If they gets me decommissioned, then so be it. If that makes everyone hate me, so what? As long as I have you and Sandy by my side, I will be the happiest robot in the world. No one else matters."

I looked up at them, one eye the soft baby blue they were when we had put the little boy to sleep earlier that week and a milky white one, these were eyes I've looked into and still get trapped inside them easily. And they let me know they were both present.

Tears were still streaming down my face as I leaned into them and gave them a big hug. "I love you," I sobbed into their cold, metallic chest. "I love you but I'm scared, what if they take you away from me?"

"We won't let that happen," they said as they started running their fingers through my hair. "You and Sandy mean do much to us, we'll never let anything hurt you."

"I told you!" A high pitched little girls voice said, making Sun and I look over to her. Sandy was beaming as she continued, "I told you, I told you~"

"You told them what?" Sun asked.

"That you look at them like Baba is the last cookie in the cookie jar. With loning for something out of reach from you."

Sun and Moon chuckled before Moon resided back into the dark. Sun cupped my face and gave me the closest thing to a kiss he could. I closed my eyes as he did so, tears slowing down their descend  to the ground.

"We love you," he said again, moving the kiss to my forehead. "So much Y/N. With every gear and wire in this robotic body of mine."

"Ewww. . ." Sandy said jokingly, pushing her nose up like a pig.

Sun giggled and pulled us both to our feet. "Hoe about we all have some fizzy faz and play some games together?"

I nodded, wiping my tears with one hand as Sun grabbed the other at my side, holding it tight but not too tight. I smiled to myself as Sun and Sandy laughed together, telling jokes.

"What flavor Baba?" I blinked and looked toward Sandy, who's top half of her body was inside of the refrigerator.

"F/P please."

Sandy nodded and grabbed it out of the fridge. I then turned my attention to Sun who was humming as he digged through a bin of toys, board games, etc.

"Oh what game? What game?" He thought out loud.

"How about hide and seek?" Sandy ask, tapping his shoulder as she got into position to run at a moments notice. I shrugged, "I'm cool with that."

"I'll start!" Sun beamed as he turned away from us. I looked at Sandy and we giggles together as we ran off.

I hope things would be this good forever.