Chapter Seven: Realizations

I started picking up wrapping paper after the party, Mr. D and Vanessa left. Sandy had come up to me afterwards rubbing her eyes, struggling to hold onto the Sun and Moon dolls as she did so. I smiled at her softly as I sent her off to the nap room, and flickered off the lights.

Moon had awoken at this time and helped Sandy get ready for bed before heading over to me and help clean up. "Did you have fun?" I asked, Moon nodded.

"I did."

"Are you alright?"

He looked at me, up and down. Up and down. Then he sighed, "Yes, I'm alright."

"You seem to be fighting some inner demon of some kind. Are you sure?"

"There are things better not spoken," he snapped, making me flinch. He noticed this and took a step back. "I'm sorry Y/N I. . . I didn't mean to yell."

"It's alright," I said with a slight reassuring smile. "I understand. I'm sorry. We're not that close anyways."

"No Y/N, you don't understand—"

"I'm going to go check on Sandy, you don't have to explain yourself Moon."
And I walked off. Despite only knowing him for such a short time I thought he could trust me, tell me things on his mind. But we aren't that close. We probably never will be.

I sat down next to Sandy, petting her hair as she slept soundly, hugging the dolls close. I was glad Mr. D allowed us to stay here after hours, so she could at least be watched while I was here besides being home alone and scared.

"Baba?" Sandy whispered half asleep. "Is everything alright?"

I smiled down at her, not realizing the tears that fell down my face. "Yes dear," I replied chuckling, wiping my eyes. "Baba just doesn't understand their feelings. Now go back to sleep pumpkin."

Sandy giggled softly before replying, "Is this about Sunny and Moon?"

I looked at her in shock, "What do you mean?"

"I see how they look at you Baba. Like the last cookie in a cookie jar on the top shelf. Longing for something that seems so far away to grasp."

"You're delusional kid, now go back to sleep. I'll join you shortly."

She nodded before falling back to sleep as I sighed. Right, delusional, I thought. And yet I still wish it was true. I froze. 'I still wish it was true'? I gripped my head in my hands.

Wished it was true?

Wished it was TRUE?

"Oh for fucks sake Y/N," I cursed at myself. "A robot? Honestly how fucking stupid are you to fall in love with a robot?!"

I huffed a sigh as I placed down another mat and wrapped myself in a blanket next to Sandy. "When you wake up Me, you'll get this crazy nonsense out of your head. He could never love you."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Y/N!" My boss snapped, zoning back into reality. I was in the middle of stacking the shelf in the grocery store I worked at. "Where the fuck is yer head at?"

"I-I'm sorry sir," I said standing to my feet.

"Don't give me your excuse bullshit. In my office, now."

I sighed as I followed him, my head lowered to the ground. When we got in his office he slumped down in his chair and waved for me to close the door.

"You're a good worker Y/N," he sighed placing his elbows on his desk and placing his chin on his hands. "But whats been with you lately? First you ask for days off because you got another job and now you're zoning out at work causing accidents for other employees? What is going on?"

"Nothing sir," I whispered, clenching my hands in a fist. "Nothing at all."

"If it wasn't for that other job I'd have you working more hours, but why would you care about that? All you're worried about is this child who isnt even yours."

I slammed my hand on his desk. "Do not question my choices boss, there are worse jobs I could be taking to pay for food on the table and you go and insult my family just like that? I'm tired of all the work you put me through. All the hours and stress. You make me go home at late hours, and I never get to see my little girl until the morning because she had already made herself dinner and put herself to bed. The only thing I'm greeted to when I get home is a note and some leftovers. She's only six and knows how to cook basic spaghetti by herself. Do you know how horrified I was when I first came home and found a huge 3rd degree burn on her left arm when she tried the first time? And all she said was, 'It's okay, Baba. Come, I made dinner' with the biggest grin on her face. I'm done working for you." I then threw my apron on the ground, spitting on it before I turned around and headed to the door.

"Y/N, I swear if you walk through that door you'll no longer work here."

I looked back at him, slightly turning my head. "Oh how horrible that will be." I said sarcastically before slamming the door behind me.

I then release the breath I didn't realize I was holding. A weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I could already feel some of the stress lessen. I called Mr. D and told him I was able to work full time. He sounded pleased when he heard that and hung up.

As I started driving home, I saw a store with a big sale going on. I smiled softly as I walked inside, purchasing four keychains. A cloud, a moon, a sun, and a star. The star was for me and the cloud was for Sandy, the other two, obviously were for Sun and Moon.

I hope this would be a way of apologizing to Moon for shutting him out. He doesn't have to tell me everything and I need to respect that. Neither of them did.

I clenched the keychains tightly in my hand and kissed it.