|7|

I grunt as I pick up another heavy carton of lemons from the truck and walk into the restaurant. Today is Wednesday, the day the restaurant gets their weekly supply of food and other things. For the past twenty minutes me and a few others from the kitchen have just been walking back and fourth from the truck, carrying things like hooks of meat, vegetables, milk, and other essential items.

Surprisingly, we've gotten less produce this week than any other week, probably something to do with George. He's in charge of buying all the produce for the restaurant and I'm a little disappointed that he bought hardly anything. Wilbur has almost no fresh fish, Karl has hardly anything to make salads and things like eggs are missing. I know George is new to this job and he might not want to go over any set budget but it's still upsetting.

The larder is chilling when I enter it. It's quite dark here so I try to walk carefully so I don't trip up and drop all the lemons. Along the dark walls of the larder are tall shelfs full of produce. There's spices, dried and fresh herbs, boxes of vegetables and fruit, bottles of cooking wine and many other strange things. Hanging from the ceiling are strings of garlic and onions and on racks are freshly cleaned tea towels.

I see Sapnap and Karl sitting by one of the shelfs where we keep our salt and pepper bags.

"This is actually stupid." Sapnap tells me as he helps Karl put tubs of salt into portioned sized bags. "I can't believe that prick didn't buy anything useful. There's like so much missing and the only things he did buy he bought in bulk. Like this salt or the oil, or those fucking lemons."
Karl sighs and rubs Sapnap's back to sooth him.

I put down my crate of lemons and pour most of them into the older box of lemons, then I put the remaining few at the back of shelf.
"I'll speak to him when he gets to work. I'm sure he has some explanation for what he did." I say and give them a sympathetic look when I walk out.

I leave the larder and head back outside to continue bringing produce inside. Just as I'm about to close the trucks doors, I hear a voice from a little away from me call out. "Wait!"

I look back to see none other than George, Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo all walking towards the restaurant. It was George who spoke. I notice the smiles of the younger three's faces and how their laughing. It looks like they had a good time and I can't help but chuckle and their goofiness. I also notice the large wooden baskets that they all carry. I've never seen a basket like that in real life and it surprises me more than it should.

The baskets look like their made of wooden sticks woven together into different patterns. Their handles are all twisted sticks while the actual basket has multiple little designs all over it that make it look mystical, like something out of a fantasy book. They all look extremely sturdy but at the same time very delicate; almost like George himself.

"Wait." George says again but with more aggression. He glances at me, causing millions of butterflies to erupt in my stomach and me my heart flutter, before paying attention to the very uninterested truck driver.
"Where's the receipt?" George asks sternly and crosses his arms with his basket still on his arm.

I take a glance inside and gasp when is see tons of cartons of eggs, paper bags full with different fishes and a bundles of spinach tied together with a string. It looks like the ultimate market shopping trip and I feel myself start to smile.

I glance over at the trio just walking in and notice that they also have a full basket full of all the needed produce.

"Uh, what?" I hear an unpleasant voice speak from behind me. The sound is scruffy and dry. It almost makes my head hurt even after only two words. I turn to face this voice and realise it's the truck driver's voice.