|10|

I got up much earlier today than most days. I just couldn't sleep, so instead of laying in bed and doing nothing I decided to come to work. Was I stupid for coming to work an hour before I needed to? Maybe, butI honestly couldn't have cared any less.

As I stepped through the door of the kitchen and put my things in the compartment I marvelled at the emptiness of the kitchen. It felt unreal to be in complete silence since there was usually someone being loud in the kitchen; not that I was complaining, the silence was golden.

After putting away my things I walked towards the hot kitchen to get started on the food preparation for lunch and dinner, however the sound of clicking on a keyboard caused me to stop. I turned my head towards the noise and realised it was coming from George's office.

The door was slightly parted so I peeked in. Inside George was typing on his laptop with a coffee cup beside it. He looked to be in full concentration at whatever he was doing and didn't notice when I peered in at the beautiful sight.

The auspicious morning light made its way onto his face through the small window to his left, that same window I had caught him staring at me. His glasses reflected some of the light onto the floor and as he moved to either drink some of his coffee or move his hair out of the way, the light would dance with the shadows and create a contrasting view.

I stayed silent for a while, just watching and smiling at times. It never ceased to amaze me how long I could stay just watching him; he was just too gorgeous, too angelic. It wasn't until he leaned back in his chair did I notice the dark circles that seemed to haunt his face like an unrest less spirit.

I gazed at them for a while, taking in the dark purple colour of them and how awful they looked on him,  before finally speaking up.

"Good morning, George." I said and opened the door the complete way to reveal myself. George startled and jumped from surprise, causing me to smile.
"Good morning Dream, why are you here so early?" He stuttered slightly, still registering that I was suddenly here, before calming down. I giggled at his stutter and saw how a light redness crept into his cheeks.

"Just wanted to see you, your so beautiful that I can't stay away for too long. Your like a drug, my addiction." I replied and smirked, trying to cause a reaction from George. It worked, but not in the way I hoped. Instead of blushing cutely and getting embarrassed George become cold and his flushed face suddenly turned sad.

My smile fell when George grew anxious and coughed to try and relax, but it of course wasn't working. Why had I said such a stupid thing? Couldn't I just keep my mouth shut for once?

Taking the focus away from that topic, I spoke again.
"So, I was wondering if you wanted to eat something with me? Breakfast maybe? I haven't eaten yet so I thought I'd make something now. I'd pay for everything I used, don't worry." I raised my hands after I spoke as a symbol of surrender, or more so to let George know it was okay if he didn't want to do anything.

George thought for a while before shaking his head. He was about to speak when a rumble from his stomach caused him to become silent. His eyes widened in surprise before he started laughing, I joined in.
"I guess I was hungry." He giggled and got up from his seat.

I smiled. I loved his laugh. I think this was the first time he'd ever laughed in front of me and I adored it already. It sounded just how I imagined eating ice cream at the fair would sound on a hot summer day. We're most likely kids, feeling free and without a care in the world. The sun is a drop of burning gold that slid near and nearer to the edge of the world; it's pinky-orange rays delicately coating the sky like jewels on a necklace. We're sitting by the dock, over looking the gleaming Atlantic ocean that was a shining stream of fabric swishing from left to right with the gentle breeze.