|14|

I sigh as another hot plate of food gets sent out to the restaurant. It's the middle of the night and everything seems to be on the brink of death.

Everyone working is exhausted, one of the stoves has stopped working, Karl's fridge in the vegetable room has also stopped working, not to mention the hawk-like human watching us all like his prey from the window.

George had the blinds up in his room, meaning that he can see us working and we can see him spying. It's almost unsettling to know that he's just staring at us while we stay oblivious, but nobody says anything to him about it.

Of course, we glance at each other and nod our heads at the window occasionally as a gesture of what-the-actual-fuck-is-he-doing, but apart from that, I think we've all just gotten used to George.

"Dream, can you take table nineteen's order please?" A waiter asks me and I nod before grabbing the paper and heading towards my station. It's nothing too big, just spaghetti with meatballs and vegetable risotto.

I decided to start with the pasta and turn on the heat for my pan before heading to grab my ingredients. Pasta, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, all these like second nature to me; almost like a blur. It's a haze that drapes over my mind like a blanket and confuses me to the point where I do things quickly and in a rushed manner. I seem to do this a lot, especially when I'm stressed or way too concentrated on what I'm doing. I do things without remembering doing them, it's a little concerning but honestly, I don't care as long as I get things done.

The risotto is almost done by the time I resurface from my dream state. The place around me is suddenly crowded with tons of people all moving through the same tiny path without focusing on anyone apart from themselves. I get squished by a few people but continue to try and work without yelling at them all to move along.

Soon the crowd begins to whisper among each other and I finally get annoyed.
"All of you get the fuck back to your stations now," I shout out, causing a few people to look over at me startled but they move away soon after.

I can feel the gaze of someone behind me, someone watching me. I get annoyed and turn around, ready to tell this person to fuck off, but then I notice it's just George. The delicate brunette is staring from a careful distance at the other side of the kitchen, his hands crossed and smirk evident. It seems he liked my sudden outburst at everyone else, maybe he saw himself in me.

The scowl on my face immediately changed into a smile and I feel my eyes light up at the sight of him. I saw him blush at my reaction and turn away, shy.

I chuckle before refocusing back on my work and moving over to go grab a pot from a shelf.

A little amount of time goes by before I begin to hear complaints come from some of my workers. First, it's Sapnap who when passing by told me that George was creepy for just watching over his shoulder when he was cooking, then Skeppy came over and complained that George was just staring at him and Antfrost while they were making some of the starters. As I was passing the bakery section I overheard Nikki giggling to Tommy about George as well, something about him acting strange.

I was confused by all this and why George was suddenly watching over everyone; perhaps there was an inspection that we didn't know about or maybe a small test, but either way this was just getting annoying now.

Then, the yelling started. I heard to over at Sapnap's station first, something about Sapnap burning some chicken. I thought it was funny at first since Sapnap has always bragged about never burning anything in his entire career, but then the yelling from George started to erupt from everywhere and I became suspicious.

I heard George grumble about Philza's minestrone soup and how meaty it tasted, which then led him to the butchery section who told him it wasn't their fault if the utensils he used had meat remains on them since they didn't do the washing up, and then the trainee chefs who are in charge of most of the washing up got an earful of shouting. After that kerfuffle, it was heard that George went to Karl, Skeppy and Antfrost, Nikki and Velvet, and argued with all of them.