|20|

The roar from my motorcycle's engine tore through the busy streets as I headed towards George's apartment, the bright city lights a constant reminder of what was to come.

I wasn't exactly late, but I wasn't on schedule either. Sapnap's gift arrived late this morning and, annoyingly, I didn't have any wrapping paper at home which meant a quick trip to the store was due. I ended up losing a battle between the tape before I could get the gift wrapped to a reasonable level. That paired with me being indecisive with my outfit made me off schedule to pick up George, or late as he would call it.

He was already waiting outside his apartment complex waiting for me when I arrived. His arms were crossed and he had an annoyed look on his face.
"Your ten minutes late!" He whined as I pulled up next to him. I took off my helmet bedsore speaking.
"Well hello to you too," I responded with a grin.

George rolled his eyes before taking the other helmet I had offered him and putting it on. It had become repetition at this point that as soon as I arrived I would give George the spare helmet, and then he would sit in front of me as I drove. So it wasn't unusual when George sat down right in front, more like on top, of me and placed his hands above mine on the handles.

I smelt his perfume, jasmine and vanilla, directly next to my face as I drove. As I inhaled the plush sweetness of it I began to feel dizzy from the mixture of sick pollution and thick jasmine surrounding me, but I couldn't care less and instead pushed my head further into his neck as I breathed it in.

The bar was fairly close to George's apartment and we arrived quickly. Sapnap had told me before that the bar was big, however 'big' was an understatement.

It was two stories high with an old, pirate theme decorating the outside; it was a pleasant contrast from the grey buildings on either side of it. Planks of dark wood layered the outside of the bar with the odd hatched window popping through suddenly in the wall. A large skull flag swung in the light ocean breeze at the top of the bar.

I laughed once I had parked.
"Nobody told me this was a costume party," I said and glanced at George to catch him rolling his eyes.
"It's nice, for a pirate bar." He responded and began to walk towards the open doors.

However ancient the outside of the bar was, the music inside was anything but. It pounded in my head and caused me to wince. Bright lights flashed across the wooden tabletops and metallic chandeliers, creating rays of colourful patterns to bounce off of every surface.

I walked with George deeper into the bar, pushing past a few random coworkers on our way. I spotted Sapnap easily enough. He was already drunk and probably high due to the smell radiating around the group he was with. He was chatting to the bartender while a few of our closest friends swarmed around him and chatted along with him.

"Sapnap!" I called out as I held a present bag above my head and waved it around for him to see, in my other hand I was holding George's waist carefully and tugging him closer to the group.

Sapnap turned his head in my direction upon hearing his name being called and grinned once he spotted me.
"Dream!" He shrieked before jumping up from the bar stool he was previously sat on and marching over to me. I'm doing so he pushed past a few of our friends, but they didn't seem to mind as they watched him leap towards me.

"Jeez Sapnap, if you jump on me I swear I will fall." I laughed at his excitement and handed him his gift. He opened it like a kid on Christmas morning, tearing the wrapping and opening the box immediately.

I heard him gasp and watched with a grin as he took out a new pair of sneakers I had got for him, customised and everything.
"Holy shit dude, they're sick!" He yelled towards me and grabbed me for a manhandled hug.