Chapter 1

"But muuuum! I don't wanna go in there! It looks gross and there's so many kids! Are you sure I can't just go home with you??" (Y/n) complained to their mother

"Yes hunny I'm sorry but you have to go in. Im sure (F/n) is waiting for you inside. You wouldn't want them to be disappointed would you?" (Y/n)'s mother tried to reason with her child.

"I guess not..." (y/n) sighed defeated

"Would you like me to walk you in before I go hunny? You're never too old to walk in with your mother."

"No it's ok mum, I'm a big kid I can do it!" They tried to act brave so their mother wouldn't worry too much. She always seemed to worry for her child and their capability to make friends or lack there of.

"Okay hun, you remember my number right?"

"Yes mum I remember it's ****-***-***" (y/n) recalled their mother reciting it to them all the time to make sure they remembered in case they ever needed to call her

"Remember to tell a friendly staff member if you get lost. And don't talk to strangers, especially if they offer you candy or to see their puppy's ok?"

"I know mum. I won't" (y/n) sighed under their breath

"Ok I have to go now hun." She hugged (y/n) goodbye while saying "Bye love you stay out of trouble"

"Love you too mum" (y/n) then turned to look at the entrance gulping for what was to come.

Y/n was told to meet their friend (f/n) inside for their 10th birthday party but didn't remember where. They looked around for their mum without moving but couldn't spot her so with some hesitation they opened the door to the pizza plex and walked inside.

'Maybe I can just look around for them? I'm sure this place can't be too big..' (y/n) thought but boy where they wrong.

After some wondering through a crowed of people y/n felt really anxious and feeling like crying however through all the loud noise they saw a staff member that didn't seem too busy behind a counter. (Y/n) walked over to her on the edge of tears and the lady seemed to notice this.

"What's the matter darling? Are you lost? What's your name?" The nice lady asked little (y/n) "my names lia what can I do for you?"

"My names (y/n) and-and I-I can't find my friend.. they're meant to be having a birthday party but I can't find them!" (Y/n) was crying at this point

"It's ok doll no need to cry. What's their name they should be on the system so I can find them before you can say happy birthday!" She tried to cheer the crying child up by giving them hope

"Thank you miss lia! They're names (f/n) and they're turning 10!" (Y/n)'s tears starting to dry.

Lia gave a little nod and started typing something on her computer then came a look of confusion. She didn't know what to say.

"(Y/n) darling I'm so sorry but your friend is having their party next week not this week." She said worried for (y/n) "where's your parents love?"

"Th-they're not here?? My mum went home because the party was full and-but-and" (y/n) bursted out crying in front of the nice staff member

"Do you remember her number?"

(Y/n) did their best to calm down before they spoke again

"Yeah.. it's ****-***-*** I- i think" they said not too sure but it was definitely right. It had to be right.

"Thank you hun I know this must be hard for you" Lia then tried calling the number but it however went to voicemail straight away. Lia didn't know what to do. "It went to voicemail but I know where you can stay for a while until I come get you ok? You can play there with other kids while I try get your mother. Does that sound good to you (y/n)?" Lia was trying her best to be as calm as possible but this hasn't happened to her before so she was mostly panicking but of course she'd never let the child know.

'Maybe she's just driving. I can try to call later' Lia tried to calm herself

"Yes ma'am. As long as it doesn't take too long, right?" (Y/n) was hoping to see a familiar face soon

"I'm sure she'll come soon don't worry hun. Let's go" Lia said with a smile

Lia informed her co-worker that she'd be right back and soon (y/n) and Lia started walking in the direction of a certain daycare. After a while they where standing in front of the parents waiting area of the daycare and a slide that slid into the ballpit down below.

"The daycare?" (Y/n) questioned

"Yes the daycare attendant can look after you while I go get your mum. And so I know where to find you later on." Lia reasoned with the child. Without a word the child in question nodded.

"Why don't you slid down into the ball pit while I talk to the daycare man hmm?"

"Are you sure I can't go with you miss Lia?"

"Yes hun it'll be ok. I'll go talk to him then get your mother, don't you worry your pretty little head and go have fun!"

(Y/n) hugged Lia practically tackling her into the ground.

"Thank you miss Lia, I'll miss you!" The child smiled for the first time on a while and it melted the woman's heart.

"No problem darling" she smiled while hugging back.

(Y/n) walked over to the slide nervously only now realising how loud the daycare was.

'Here goes nothing..' (y/n) proceeded to slide down into the ball pit below.

Meanwhile Lia entered into the daycare through the massive doors into the daycare and called the energetic sun animatronic over to her.

"HELLLOOOO! I REMEMBER YOUU! YOU HELPED ME GET MORE CRAYONS LAST WEEK! HOWVE YOU BEEN!" the sun animatronic seemed as energetic and happy as always. Obviously good traits for working with little kids.

"Hello sundrop nice to see you but I'm here with an important matter. There's a child alone here and I need you to look after them and make sure they don't wonder off ok?" Lia explained to sun which in tern he listened intently. "They have (h/l) (h/c) hair and they're about this height" Lia said while putting her hand next to her hip to indicate the child's height. "They're names (y/n) please look after them alright?"

"Oh no! What happened?? Of course I'll look after them!" Sunndrop said with a hint of sadness in their voice due to the fact of a child being all alone.

Lia continued to explain the details as to why you're there and what happened. Sun making a comment about how awful every now and then. After the whole explanation finished sun didn't say anything before looking around and spotting a child that fit the description of you.

"Is that them over there? Is it? Is it?" Sunny said excitedly pointing to you sitting in the ball pit looking around at all the kids running around and playing with each other. Not giving you a second glance.

"Yes that's them. You'll look after them right?" Lia said a little worried to leave you like this.

"Of course it's my duty! I'll make sure they don't leave!" Sun said while doing a mock salute to Lia

"Thank you sun take care" Lia gave you a small glance before leaving to go try to contact your mother with the number you gave her again.

Sun excitedly skipped over to his 'new friend'  in the ball pit with his ever lasting smile imprinted on his face.

Words: 1323

———————
(A/N):

This is my first book so I'd really appreciate any feedback you have! :)