Hugs

It all started when Tony was having a really really bad day.
He had gotten into an argument with Fury about ownership of a recent new arc reactor he had made.
The arc reactor had a mode to where it could draw in energy from Earth's natural power sources, meaning it would never die out and Tony wouldn't ever have to worry about power percentages again.
Fury had insisted he hand it over to SHEILD because it was way to dangerous to simply wear around on his chest.
Of course, Tony had refused. He did however offer to make one for SHEILD which Fury being stupid, also refused, only accepting for him to give over the one he had just made.
Couple hours of arguing later and a threat to the Avengers initiative lead Tony to surrendering his piece of tech.
Tony was mad.

Sure, he could make another, but he had been working on that one for months.

In the end, Tony had returned to the Avengers tower extremely annoyed and in need of punching something.
But instead, he found something better.
When he had entered the tower, he found Stephen sitting on the main room's leather couch, messing with strings of his magic, using them to grab things from across the room or to click buttons on the TV remote on the table in front of him.
Tony hadn't even though about it, he had walked over to the sorcerer who didn't even notice him enter and muttered,"come here and give me a hug," before scooping Stephen off the couch and into his arms.
Stephen had been still with shock for a moment, before attempting to pry Tony's hands off him, clearly annoyed with Tony's sudden action.
Tony simply held him tight. Resting his head on Stephen's shoulder as he did so.
Stephen after a while softened slightly and surprising Tony, closed his eyes and simply fell into his squeeze.
Tony could tell however that Stephen was annoyed by all the contact and it kind of brightened his mood, knowing that he now had a way to annoy his lover.

Ever since that moment, whenever Tony saw Stephen, he would pull him into the biggest hug ever.
Of course Stephen hated any physical contact (except when he's feeling snuggly), but he couldn't exactly argue with Tony lifting him up and carrying him around the tower.

It could be a random moment on a random day, Stephen and Tony just standing around in the tower. Tony would simply walk up behind Stephen and lift him up, making him flinch harshly.
"Tony get off!" Stephen would grumble as he struggled in Tony's grip.
Stephen's request was simply met with a chuckle by Tony as he would kiss Stephen's forehead and proceed to walk around, completing his tasks while also suspending the sorcerer in the air with one of his arms.

It was pretty obvious at this point that Tony liked to hold Stephen a lot. It was easy for Tony to simply lift him into his arms, or to hug him tightly, not letting the sorcerer escape. All this was possible because Stephen was un-ordinarily light.
A while back, Tony had actually forced Stephen into going to the doctors to see if he had an eating disorder or was dying. But there it was discovered that despite Stephen looking like a normal, muscular man, he was like 30 pounds lighter than an underweight person for his age would be, even though there was nothing medically wrong with him other than the nerve damage in his hands and some wounds.

So yeah, another advantage for Tony's hugs.

Stephen had never directly asked for a hug. After a while he stopped fighting against them or being a grouch whenever Tony would break his ribs in a air tight hug, but he never directly asked Tony for one.

————————
6:37 PM

Tony paced the perimeter of the Avenger tower's common room, the same thing he had been doing for the past hour. Meanwhile, Stephen sat quiet and motionless on the room's  brown leather couch, his eyes simply following Tony as he paced back and forth, rambling about things that after a while, he simply tuned out.

"All I'm saying is that if you build the entire tower, doesn't that mean you can technically do whatever you want in i-"
Tony suddenly faltered, slowing to a stop in front of Stephen who seemed to be looking at the wall behind him.
"Stephen...are you alright?" Tony spoke slowly after a minute, a small tinge of worry suddenly covering his stunning facial features.
Stephen blinked.
"Wha-hmm? Oh, yeah."
Tony looked at Stephen in his pale icy bluish-green eyes.
Behind all the layers of Stephen's perfectness, Tony noticed that the sorcerer was genuinely upset.
Tony's own eyes softened slightly as he walked towards Stephen and took a seat next to him on the couch.
"You sure?"
Stephen looked down for a minute before bringing his gaze back upon Tony.
He sighed, brushing a hand through his hair, which was unlike him because Stephen hated messing up his precious locks.
"Tony...I don't know okay, I don't know anymore."
Tony had no response, he simply watched over Stephen tentatively, unsure if he should do something or not.
Stephen closed his eyes.
"Tony?" He asked quietly.
"Hm?"
Stephen opened his eyes and faced the wood floor below them.
"C-can I please...can I please have a hug?"
Tony's mouth legitimately fell to the floor.
"Y-you-wha-actually!?"
Stephen turned to face Tony, his facial expression proving that he was serious.
Tony took a deep breath as well, calming himself down.
He reached over towards Stephen, wrapping two soft arms around the sorcerer before pulling him onto his lap.
Then, Stephen did something unexpected.
The second Tony had rested Stephen on his lap, the man closed his eyes and hid his head in  Tony's armpit.
Tony looked down at Stephen and rested a hand on his back, slowly rubbing it in circles.
"Stephen? Stephie? Are you alright?"
Tony received no response from the sorcerer as he continued to hide his face in Tony's armpit. His hands however, were noticeably shakier.

And then Tony realized.

His shirt, where Stephen's head was hiding.

It was wet.

Stephen was crying.

It started off almost unnoticeable. But after a while, Tony began to hear sniffles and whimpers escape the man as Tony wrapped him tighter in his arms.
Tony was at a loss for what to do.
So he did the only thing he could think of,
Be the emotional support dude.
He slowly rubbed Stephen's back and shoulders as his whimpers increased to cries of agony, slowly talking to him and comforting him, occasionally peppering him with kisses.
He was unsure of how long he sat there, clutching his love in his arms while rocking back and forth.
However, he concluded his therapy session when he noticed that Stephen had ceased his shaking.
"Stephen?" Tony whispered.
No reply.
Tony gently shifted Stephen around in his arms so that his face was visible.

Stephen had cried himself to sleep.

Tony couldn't help but stare in awe at Stephen's adorable red eyed and snot covered face as he quietly grabbed a tissue from the dark oak coffee table in front of them, using it to wipe some of the stray tears and snot off of his face, Stephen not even flinching during the process.

Despite Tony's snot and tear soaked shirt, he decided to spend the rest of the day sleeping on the common room couch, keeping Stephen warm in his arms.

True, he didn't know what had made Stephen so upset that day, and he doubted Stephen would tell him.

But at least he was there to help him in the end.