"Come Lay With me, Sweetheart"

Warning-extreme fluff
////////

The Avengers had fought a tough mission today. It was against these 3-legged, blue-skinned, furry, and smelly space dudes. However, dispute their appearance, these aliens quickly proved themselves to be very strong and resourceful. Tony liked to call them 'Blue Brains.' True, the Avengers never figured out exactly why the Blue Brains had decided to come to Earth and start a bloody battle, but after demolishing half of New York City's buses and cars, Tony figured they must not have a thing for automobiles.
Nevertheless, the Avengers fought bravely, and Tony's lover, Stephen Strange, who was technically an Avenger; but usually only came to fight on tougher missions, was brought in to  fight the aliens after Steve had realized that if they didn't stop them now, the Blue space creatures would destroy every means of transportation in the whole city.

Unluckily for Strange and the others however, the aliens could also summon magic.

It took about a full days worth of fighting to finally get rid of the surely thousands of aliens, and by the end, every single Avenger was injured in some way.

The Hulk, despite his durability and strength, had somehow managed to become 'seasick' due to all the fighting he did in the water with the aliens.

Clint and Natasha both faced similar injuries: a twisted ankle and some bruises and scratches.

Dr. Strange had suffered a bunch of scrapes and bruises while being thrown around by the aliens, and he had been burned slightly by the type of magic that the creatures had used.

Thor's invincible amor and skin had been penetrated by a thin metal rod, which Strange, despite his shaky hands and other injuries, had taken upon himself to remove as soon as the Avengers had returned to the tower.

Captain America stayed strong the whole fight, but now looked kind of like a grape with how many dark bruises he had littered all over his body.

Parts of Tony's armor had fallen off, leaving him vulnerable to scrapes, and some bruises, and he had been thrown around so much that he surely had a minor concussion.

Probably the only good think that came out of the fight, was that no one had broken any bones(that they new of).

/////////////

Tony was sitting up crosslegged in his king sized bed, waiting for a certain someone.
The blankets on the bed were still folded and untouched, and Tony hadn't even gotten under the sheets yet. He just sat there, waiting.
Littered across his body were small multi-colored bandages, from all the injuries he had received during the fight, and a discarded advil bottle lay on the bedside table next to him. He sported a simple grey sweatshirt, and no more than his black boxer briefs as shorts.

He sat still for what seemed like an eternity until he heard the familiar sound of a portal being opened.

Stephen stepped out of the portal looking exhausted. He had obviously just finished removing the rod from Thor's side, because his hands shook noticeably more, which they usually did after any excess use of them.
Stephen still wore the same blue robe he had worn during battle. It was torn in certain parts, covered in dirt and oil, and was far beyond repair. His normally perfect hair was ruffled all over, and his beard looked ruff. The burn mark on the side of his neck from where the blue aliens had hit him with their magic, was a painful shade of red.

He stood in the center of Tony's room for a minute, looking at the wall, before turning his attention to Tony. He offered a small smile which Tony returned, before he silently made his way over to the bathroom.

Tony leaned his back against the bed frame as he listened to the sound of the bath water turning on, signaling that Stephen was going to take a shower. However, after what seemed to be no more than three minutes to Tony, the water shut off, and Stephen appeared from the bathroom, wrapped in a dark blue towel, all his scrapes patched up, his burn covered, and his beard neatly shaven.
Tony watched as Stephen quietly made his way over to their shared wardrobe, and smiled as he noticed Stephen head towards his side of the closet.
A moment later, Stephen appeared once more, walking over to the bedside where Tony sat.

Stephen was sporting one of Tony's long-sleeved black sweaters, and matched them with pajama pants that were similar in color to the blue towel.
Tony smirked fully and finally allowed himself to slip under the covers of the bed, pulling the sheets up to his chest before he gently patted the side of the bed next to him.

"Come lay with me, sweetheart," Tony cooed.
Stephen, without hesitation, began to slowly climb under the sheets of the bed, and as soon as he was wrapped up in the cloth, Tony pulled him closer so that they were facing each other in the bed.
"I love you," Stephen muttered sleepily, smiling cutely.
"I love you too baby," Tony remarked.
Stephen chuckled softly.
"What's with all these pet names today?"
Tony simply hummed and lifted his hand up to stroke through Stephen's dark hair.
"What can I say. I just miss my sugar cube."
Tony let go of Stephen's slightly wet hair, and scooted closer to him, planting multiple small kisses onto the man's burnt neck, before kissing him passionately on the lips, a kiss that Stephen returned.
Stephen let free a tired giggle as the pair's lips broke apart, and Tony pulled his lover's head to his chest.

"Goodnight Tony," Stephen mumbled, closing his eyes and beginning to dose off in Tony's grasp.
Tony tightened his arms around Stephen, and placed one last kiss to the man's forehead.
"Good night babydoll, sleep well. You look cute in my shirt by the way."