Chapter Seven- Dormmates and Rules

Whew, hi guys! It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, it's Winter Break, and I have time, so I figured it was about time to finally write more on this story!

Well let's jump right in!

(no i did not dance around my room singing along to the song that was playing on my phone, what are you talking about?)

I started this at like 5:20-30, now it's 6;18. I have been working on the schedule this entire time. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Alright, we are back! Next day, no idea what I'm doing, music on, and renewed motivation!

Chapter Seven- 

Hawthorne's POV:

When it started looking like everyone was finished eating, two of the older kids stood up, a boy and a girl, and called the Slytherins to attention.

"Right, first years and anybody who actually wants to get into the common room tonight, follow me!" said the older girl.

"Farley, shut up. Don't worry, someone will probably let you in later", scolded the boy.

The girl, Farley, just rolled her eyes and stalked off towards what Harry assumed were the dorms. The Slytherins quickly filed through, and Harry followed.

"Make sure you remember the way, don't want you getting lost and wandering the halls after curfew." Farley warned,

Harry gazed up around them, trying to memorize the way there. The walls were filled with portraits, gossiping about the new and old Slytherins.

"Did you hear that Capella Black and Graham Montague got together over the summer?"

"Ha! I called it, hand over your 600 year old wine Brutus!"

"You should really know better not to make bets with Alexandra, Brutus."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Hey, here comes the new Slytherins! I bet my collection of quills that the blonde girl and Malfoy get together!"

"You're on, Brutus!"

"Brutus! What did I just say about betting with Alexandra?"

"Not to do it? But I'm sure I'm going to be right this time!"

"Ugh, imbeciles, the lot of you!"

Harry stifled a snort, and tuned the portraits out. The 'blonde girl' and Malfoy, eh? Darn it, he's getting as invested as those portraits were.

"Watch it Potter!"

Darn. He got so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he ran right into the girl in front of him.

"Sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going," Harry said apologetically.

"Yeah, well you better pay attention next time," sneered the girl.

(gahhhhh ok i can see how i want this chapter to go but suddenly i have no motivation. Why is it that i was so motivated while writing the banter between the portraits, and now have none?)

Harry studied the girl. She was fairly pretty, with short, straight black hair framing her face, and soft features that looked like they would grow more angular as she grew older.

"Again, my sincerest apologies. My name is Hawthorne Potter, what is your name?"

"Pansy Parkinson," she said.

"A pleasure," he said, kissing her outstretched hand.

"Impressive, I didn't think you would know pureblood customs, being a half-blood yourself."