Chapter Forty Five: A Business Deal.

“YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WORD!” A boy yelled at Atom as he overheard her conversation that she was having with her friends during their lunch break at school. “And why not exactly?” Oli raised his eyebrows at the boy. The boys were at school and the triplets and their friend group as usual during lunch were talking about the most random topics, but more than usual Atoms day wasn't very good.

“She's not black!” The boy spat back. The entire table got quiet and they all started looking at each other. A few of the boys were trying to hold back their laughter because they knew about Atom's heritage and who her brothers were.

“So who's gonna tell him?” Atom looked back and forth between her friends. “Link or the twins, aren't you upset she's using that word?” The boy asked the innocent cinnamon roll and two demons. “She's mixed so why would it matter?” Link stared at the boy confused. “And we're triplets not twins, she's literally our sister.” Kai deadpanned. 

“She's whiter than an arctic blizzard though.” The boy snapped back. “Im albino dipshit. It's a genetic trait I got from my family.” Atom said, popping a blueberry in her mouth. “You don't look albino to me.” The boy sneered. 

“Wait, did you say she's your sister?” The boy stopped moving as the realization hit him. “I'm going to walk away before I deck his ass.” Atom got up and walked away. Kai and Diego got up to follow her just like how Atom and Kai would do for Diego or how Diego and Atom would for Kai.

“What even happened?” Brock said as he walked up to the table in confusion as the triplets walked away. “Some person got mad at Atom for trying to teach Link something.” Jonathan rolled his eyes. 

“Which was what exactly?” Brock asked as he sat down. “She said; “In the wise words of Doja cat: Niggas aint shit.”. And then the guy got mad at her.” Link rolled his eyes. “Pussy.” Brock mumbled and rolled his eyes.

“You good?” Diego asked his sister as she slumped down on the floor and leaned against a wall in the hallway. “Not even a little.” Atom dropped her head. “We all have bad days, don't worry.” Kai gave his signature sun bright smile. 

“Ya know, no one on the outside would ever know you have depression.” Atom said to Kai. The smile on Kais instantly faded. “We've been through alot.. I'm just glad we have each other.” Kai leaned his head on his sister's shoulder. 

October 7th.

Atom was stressing about the arranged marriage and knew that she didn't want it to happen at all. But Atom started developing feelings for Lilly but the same feelings she had for Miggy stayed with her. 

Miggy was stressing over the fact that Atom was going to have to pick soon but little did he know Atom had an idea. Atom knew that she sucked at making decisions so as she said constantly; “Alternative problems require alternative solutions.”.

Which brought Atom to today. Atom had Kai on her left and Diego on her right and they sat down in an office. Lilly had a large office at her fathers work establishment and the triplets made it a hangout spot but today they were using it for a business deal so here they were on one side of the desk while Toshi was seated across them.

“Hello Toshi.” Atom folded her hands on the desk. “I thought we finally got comfortable enough for it to be dad?” Toshi raised an eyebrow. “Not after what you pulled.. But that's exactly why me and my associates have asked you here.” Atom continued as she opened a file for dramatic effect.

“Please continue then.” Toshi crossed his legs. “So I have a proposal and I already discussed it with Nonno as a second opinion.” Atom stated as she sat back in the chair and crossed her legs. 

“You know I love Miggy.” Atom said and then it hit her. She was in love with Miggy, the boy who's been helping, caring, and protecting her since she started this new life she had fallen for and she had fallen hard. The two had done stuff before but Atom didn't think it meant anything and now here she was sitting questioning if the decision she was about to make was the right one.

“You want to marry your bodyguard?” Toshi asked. “I wouldn't be opposed to it but what if i marry Lilly instead?” Atom said, catching her father off guard. “I already discussed it with Jeff. Also Lilly and I are both attracted to each other so all we'd have to do is ask her." Atom added.

“I- Um..” Toshi sat stunned by the offer Atom was holding out. “Atom…” Toshi said very seriously. “I will not marry those pathetic excuses of a future leader. I will eventually have sixty percent of Los Angeles under my control not including territory outside of the city and then more and I will most certainly not share it with some broke ass fottuti americano!” Atom deadpanned, not showing any emotion. (“...fottuti americano.” Translation: “...fucking american.”)

“Give me a good reason why I should let you.” Toshi folded his hands together. “I'm pretty sure she's psychic, she's loaded, she's literally the heir to this business, she's logical and good at problem solving, Shes-” Atom started listing off reasons before toshi cut her off. “Ok that's enough I get it.” Toshi cut her off. 

“Do you have a contract written out?” Toshi asked and leaned forward. “Kad.” Atom snapped and a hologram of a contract appeared in front of toshi. “I'm impressed.” Toshi smirked and grabbed the special pen from Kai as he started reading the terms and conditions of the contract. 

“And since when did Kad get connected here?” Toshi asked as he scrolled through the contract. “Well this company is a main sponsor of Atom and Steve Industries.” Kai said using the same tone Atom did throughout the entire meeting.

"So it was only fair to hook it up after the large amount of money and employees that Lilly has invested Into our research." Diego said very seriously.

As Toshi continued to read the contract the room fell silent every question had an answer Toshi didn't even have to read much before he had the answers he wanted. The tension in the air rose every second. The suspension that was internally killing the triplets was soon cut short by Toshi's answer.

“I trust you three on this.” Toshi said as he signed everything. "One chance." Toshi stopped and looked at his children. The triplets all nodded, Toshi then shrunk the hologram. “Dont fuck it up.” Toshi looked them all in the eyes.

“Pleasure doing business with you.” Atom stood up and held out her hand. “Pleasure doing business with you.” Toshi said as he returned the handshake.